Emoji Planet Free Spins
NetEnt’s Emoji Planet doesn’t make use of free spins. It uses a mechanism called Cluster Pays with special features tailor-made to suit this game mechanic (refer to Symbols and Features).
Emoji Planet Slot
NetEnt released its branded Emoji Planet video slot just in time for the Emoji Movie. The game doesn’t use reels. Instead it uses a 6×5 grid and play style called Avalanche that uses NetEnt’s own trademark Cluster Pays that was first pioneered in Aloha! Cluster Pays. Borrowing the emoticons theme for a slot is undoubtedly a smart move considering how text messaging has allowed emoticons to rise to worldwide popularity, almost to the point of becoming a language in itself. Before we move onto the actual bits and bolts of the game, let’s see what Emoji Planet actually looks like.
Emoji Planet transports you to a mesmerising and wacky pop art world full of dancing twin sisters, unicorns with eyes that light up and change into hearts, balloons, rainbows, clouds and more. There are also Gonzo and the Space Pig from NetEnt’s popular Gonzo’s Quest and When Pigs Fly respectively, who pop out from the corner of the screen.
The grid with symbols is set smack on a screen designed to look like a mobile phone screen. There are also 4 meters on the right-hand side of the screen. These power up when enough corresponding symbols land on the grid, unlocking their respective special features. On the left hand side, there’s a lens that announces what the next symbol to fall is.
Emoticon symbols drop from the top of the screen, and when a winning cluster is made, the symbols making up that combination pop and vanish from the screen, making way for more symbols to fall onto the screen. This creates the opportunity for consecutive wins.
Symbols and Features
Emoji Planet is an Avalanche/Cascading Symbols-type game with a 6×5 grid. There are not bet lines. Instead, the game utilises NetEnt’s trademark Cluster Pays. A minimum of 5 identical symbols horizontally or vertically adjacent to each other form a winning combination. The biggest combination you can get is made up of 30 symbols.
The control panel includes the following features:
- Pay table
- Bet level (1-10)
- Auto play
- Spin button
- Max bet
- Coin Value – (0.01 – 1.00)
The symbols include:
- Sticky Wilds (appear during Kiss Mark Special Feature)
- Alien face
- Smiling poop
- Kiss mark
- Pizza slice
- 2 hearts
The highest-paying symbol is the Smile Face. 30 of these on the grid at bet level 1 pay out 10,000. This goes up as you raise your bet level.
Moving onto special features, besides the customary Wild Symbol that substitutes for all other symbols to generate winning combos, there are 5 Emoji Special Features. Each of 5 emojis has a corresponding meter. Landing wins with 12 of the same symbol charge that symbol’s corresponding meter to launch its special feature. If more than one Emoji Feature is triggered simultaneously, they play in the order stated below. Let’s take a look at what they do:
- Bomb Feature – Activating the Bomb Feature makes 8 random symbols explode on the grid. A random coin win of between 5 and 100 times the bet level is given out for each symbol destroyed
- Pizza Feature – When this is activated, random symbols are overlaid by a 3×3 pizza pie (except for the Wild Symbol). The pizza symbols transform into 9 of the same random symbol.
- Kiss Mark Feature – This makes 3 Sticky Wilds appear randomly on the grid. Each Sticky Wild has 3 lives. When a Sticky Wild forms part of a winning combination, a life is used up, until all 3 lives are lost
- Rocket Feature – This feature creates a stack of 10 Wild Symbols. They appear on and above one of the reels to create a winning combination
- Two Hearts Feature – Activating this feature multiplies the total win by the number of times the meter is filled up plus one
Emoji Planet Jackpot
There is no jackpot in the traditional sense. The highest win you can get is 100,000 with one spin.
Emoji Planet on Mobile
Emoji Planet is fully convertible to handheld devices using major operating systems and internet browsers.
Emoji Planet RTP
The RTP is set at 96.4%.