JohnSlots – Your Guide to Online Casinos, Bonuses & Slots
Fast, faster, online gaming world! There is never a dull moment on the online casinos, but to stay up-to-date with the latest developments, new online casinos, bonuses and slots, it never hurts to have an insider by your side.
JohnSlots came about in 2013 when a group of passionate gamblers and iGaming experts came together to find a better way to sift through the thousands of casino brands available out there.
With so many options, finding reliable sites to gamble at was difficult. New, inexperienced players would find it even harder. So JohnSlots was born!
Right from the start, it was intended to be a helpful, balanced resource to help gamblers find the best casino options for them. At JohnSlots, you will find accurate information, up-to-date news and other useful advice that prioritises safety, security and value for money, through the following content:
- Casino reviews – JohnSlots is home to over 120 casino reviews and this number continues to grow. Each casino review includes crucial information about brands’ licensing, games selection, customer support, payment methods and more.
- Toplists – Our reviews are organised into categories and grouped together in toplists. Only trustworthy, safe casinos will be displayed in our toplists, which allow readers to quickly compare and contrast casinos and their welcome bonuses.
- Exclusive updates – We strive to collaborate with leading brands to the benefit of our readers. You will be the first to know about exclusive casino bonuses and offers.
- Slot reviews – As you might have guessed from our website’s name, we’re a little bit slots-crazy around here. We have over 250 slot reviews and continue to publish new ones around every major release
- Game providers – Great games are made by great studios and we think that most players will have a favourite developer or developers. Check out our game developer pages to find out more about the industry veterans, the promising young studios and everyone in between.
- Game Guides – Games are meant to be fun but it’s hard to enjoy yourself if you don’t really know what you’re doing. Our comprehensive game guides cover everything from slots to blackjack and poker to bingo.
- Tips and tricks – In any hobby, there is always room to improve. Our Tips articles offer gambling advice and techniques to help you hone your skills and improve the game.
- Latest News – The iGaming sector is constantly evolving, with mergers and acquisitions and regulation and deregulation often making it a baffling industry to the average layman. We cover the latest and most important industry news and explain how it might affect you as a player.
Find good online casinos
With so many different options available, how does a player find the best casino? New gambling sites are launched literally every day and at this point, there are thousands of established brands out there – where does one start?
We have done the hard work so you don’t have to and can make an informed decision on where you want to play.
- JohnSlots is here to help – We trawl through hundreds of casinos before we select the ones we would like to share with you. The casinos we show you are trustworthy and safe and have features, offers or policies we think will be interesting. We also work with casino brands to give you exclusive bonus opportunities.
- Only safe and secure casinos will appear on our toplists. We will only show you casinos that we ourselves would not hesitate to play at. The toplists offer a great way of comparing casino brands the bonuses they offer.
- Back when JohnSlots was founded, there were very few high-quality websites that offered readers comprehensive reviews and the opportunity to compare casinos. The JohnSlots team wanted to change that and our experienced writers know their way around what constitutes a good casino and a good gambling experience. Our hardworking sales team ensures that we have a steady stream of bonuses to offer our readers
- Our toplists make it easy to access a casino brand you like the look of and claim a welcome bonus. Simply click the Visit Casino button to be taken directly to the correct page.
The criteria for good casino on JohnSlots
It is important to us that we assess every casino’s quality by the same high standards. This means that you can compare like with like when you are choosing where to play. Below are the main factors we evaluate when reviewing a casino.
- Background and safety – We do an in-depth check on who owns every brand. Has it been associated with any unsavoury practices? Has it received negative reviews from players? Has it been blacklisted? What is the quality of its licensing? All these questions help us get a feel for the kind of casino we are dealing,
- Bonuses and offers – Promotions and bonuses are an important part of online gambling. We take a look at every casino’s welcome bonus and whether it is a good deal for new players. We also look at the regular promotions on offer to returning players and appraise their quality, frequency and transparency.
- Casino games – A casino experience is only as good as the games it offers. We take a look at the range of games on offer and whether there is enough variety to keep players happy. Which game providers are represented in the games collection? Are there other products, such as live casino, sports betting, keno and others, available aside from casino games?
- Payments – When it comes to moving money around, everyone wants to know that their transactions are safe, secure and reliable. We research and list the payment methods available at every online casino we review and note the speed with which transactions are handled and any minimum/maximum deposit and withdrawal limits.
- Terms and conditions – We consider a casino’s terms and conditions the most important bit of information available to us. The T&Cs outline the ‘rules of play’ for both the casino and the player, so we want to make sure that they are fair, easy to understand and, crucially, accessible to all who seek them.
- Customer service – Players want to know that if there is a problem, there is someone on the other side who is willing to help. We take note of customer support opening hours, support languages, the average response time and the quality of the support available.
- Languages – The site language options are important to our international players. We list the languages a casino is available in and whether all parts of the site have been translated accurately.
- Mobile casino – More and more players are choosing to play on their mobile devices, so we look out for the way a casino caters to mobile players. Is there a dedicated mobile app? If the mobile version is an adaptive in-browser site, how does it perform on smartphones and tablets? Are all the casino’s features available on mobile?
- VIP – Not all players are interested in joining a VIP program but for those who are, the presence or absence of a VIP scheme can be a dealbreaker. We check out how each casino’s VIP program is structured, the kinds of perks it offers and whether high rollers are treated to tailored opportunities.
The most popular casinos for UK players
Players in the UK are known to have very high standards when it comes to their online gambling. Brands catering to UK-based players must go the extra mile to satisfy these needs and luckily, a number of respected casinos have proven themselves up to the task.
These include behemoths like 888 Casino, which is possibly one of the most well-known casino brands worldwide as well as in the UK.
Another top name is Betfair, with its massive range of sports betting, casino games and bingo too.
Genting Casino, a household name in land-based gambling, has also made its mark online and the site remains as popular as its venues across the country.
Finally, we cannot help but mention Mr Green, which continues to engage players with its appealing promotions and a large variety of gambling options.
Different casinos for different needs
Just like every player is different, casinos also differ in their purpose. While some aim to be all-rounders, offering a bit of everything in hopes of attracting a broad swathe of casual gamblers, others have a more specific appeal.
Therefore, we have grouped the casinos we have reviewed into categories, making it easier for you to find exactly what you are looking for with minimal fuss.
In this section, you will find the casinos we have most recently reviewed. These can be newly launched casinos or ones that have been around a while but have only recently met our high standards and thus become deserving of a place in our top lists.
The brands displayed here specialise in the provision of live casino games. You will note that some have not limited their offering to live casino games only but the brands on this list have prioritised live dealer games to some extent.
There are very few mobile-only casinos, though we suspect that might be due to change fairly soon. The mobile casinos on this list are the ones with an exceptional mobile offering, including some which are mobile-first i.e. designed specifically for small screens.
UK players are naturally more interested in UK-licensed casinos. This toplist is where readers can find the best casino brands catering to the needs of UK players.
Is playing on online casinos legal?
The answer to this question depends entirely on where you are based. UK players will know that yes, online gambling is perfectly legal.
They may not be aware however that the UK Gambling Commission, the authority in charge of licensing UK casinos, is one of the strictest in the world and holding a license from the UKGC is the gold standard for operators.
In order to serve players in the United Kingdom, a casino must hold a license by the UKGC. This ensures that the casino is adhering to specific rules.
These are aimed at protecting vulnerable players from the dangers of problem gambling, making sure that their services are not being used in criminal activities like money laundering, and keeping players and their data safe from fraud.
Why should I play on an online casino?
Playing online has many advantages to playing at a land-based casino or in another venue.
- Gambling online is convenient! There is no need to go to a specific place, which might be prohibitively far away and/or expensive to get to. All you need is an internet connection and a computer or mobile device, which most of us have lying around anyway.
- Online casino games offer higher RTP values than land-based casinos. Keep in mind that the latter often have much larger overheads – employee salaries, premises maintenance and so on – and that cash comes through having a lower Return to Player.
- An online win can reach astronomical heights and in general, are much bigger than those offered elsewhere.
- Players who gamble at online casinos can also access bonuses, offers and promotions. Loyalty programs are usually more generous online too.
- Online casinos offer a range of tournaments, competitions and campaigns and unlike land-based casinos, can have prizes other than cash on offer. Vacation packages, high-end gadgets and many other juicy rewards are regularly up for grabs online.
- While many land-based venues do have VIP programs, they are usually far out of reach for most players. This problem does not exist online, where a larger group of players can participate in VIP schemes and reap the benefits.
- There is no limit to the number of games an online casino can offer. While physical floor space at a land-based casino will determine how many poker tables, roulette wheels and slot machines can fit, there is no such restriction online.
- Many online brands offer players multiple products, allowing them to bet on sports events, play keno, poker and slots through the same account. There is no chance of finding that degree of variety at a land-based venue.
- Online casinos are increasingly focused on mobile play. Never before have players had so many options for gambling on the go!
Claim exclusive Casino BonusesALL CASINO BONUSES
Casino bonuses can take a good casino experience and make it into a great one. We work hard to make sure we provide you with the latest news on new bonuses and our toplists and reviews are constantly updated to reflect welcome bonuses accurately. Our Promos page is where you can find the freshest casino promotions around.
Casino bonuses can have all kinds of shapes and sizes, and we strive to make sure you get detailed information of the differences between them so that you can choose the one that suits you best.
No deposit bonuses, for example, are awarded without the need for a player to deposit. These are normally offered as part of a welcome package or for doing something else like referring a friend or playing a game a specified number of times.
Deposit bonuses are also called deposit match bonuses. This is when a casino matches a player’s deposit by a specified amount, usually displayed as a percentage. These bonuses also (usually) come with a limit, so a typical bonus deal would look like – 100% up to £100.
Free spins bonuses are always players’ favourite. The casino will award the player with a set number of free spins, usually after they deposit a minimum amount to trigger the bonus and there are no wagering requirements.
Bonus spins are similar to free spins but you need to wager the winnings a number of times stated in the bonus terms and conditions.
We can think of cashback offers as ‘refund’ bonuses i.e. the casino will return a set percentage of a player’s losses back to their account, which means that they can play for longer.
Exclusive bonuses are our favourites! We collaborate with brands who would like to offer our readers exclusive bonuses they will not get elsewhere. These usually come with preferential terms, higher limits or extra bonus perks.
Casinos can and do get creative with their offers, promotions and campaigns. These can take the form of giveaways, leaderboard challenges, wagering challenges and many others besides. Most brands inform their players via their Promotions or Offer pages, which can be found on the casino site itself.
Another way players get to know about casino offers is through email newsletters and SMS alerts. If you want to receive this kind of communication, it’s important to ensure that the contact details associated with your casino account are accurate.
JohnSlots also does its part to keep track of such offers with a weekly Promo article rounding up the latest and most exciting offers that can be claimed over the following 8 days.
Online SlotsALL ONLINE SLOTS
Online game developers are constantly working on their next title and new games are launched every week.
We review the most exciting titles released each month so you can easily find new slots to play and learn all about their features. We also do it because we like giving these new games a go!
Slots are by far the most quickly growing category, with the biggest studios launching one or more new games per month.
We keep a close eye on industry news and sneak peeks from the studios and then carefully review each game. In each review, readers will be able to find information on the following:
- The important slot features such as the number of reels and rows, the level of volatility, available paylines, the game’s RTP value and more.
- We delve into the symbols you will see on the reels, including special ones like the Wilds and Scatters, and what each can do.
- Each bonus feature such as free spins and re-spins, will be explained in full.
- If a jackpot is available, we will explain how that prize can be won.
- We test mobile-compatible games for speed, clarity and overall gameplay.
- We narrow it all down to a list of pros and cons about what makes the game stand out and what could be improved.
Playing a casino slot game for free is simple. Once you sign up with an online casino, you will have access to all the games they offer in demo mode, which allows you to spin/play for free for as long as you like, without spending a cent.
Many casinos are keen to draw attention to newly released games and so are likely to offer free spins promotions to entice players. Keep an eye out for casino promotions that include free spins – it can present the perfect chance to try a brand-new slot gratis.
Why should I play new slots?
- New games are particularly appealing to casino players because they represent the latest in software technology and are an opportunity for developers to exercise their creative muscles.
- Many online casinos regularly offer bonuses and promotions that include play on new slot games.
- Larger providers such as Yggdrasil and NetEnt often coordinate network-wide campaigns and players stand to win prizes when they participate at casinos that form part of these campaigns.
- Slots software is always moving, growing and changing. Trying out the latest titles means that players get to see these innovations up close.
- With hundreds of new games released per year, players are certain to find many that they like, no matter their tastes.
Other casino games
Of course, online casino is not just about slot games. Indeed, way back at the birth of online gambling, it was table games that really started the whole party off.
Since then, lotteries, keno, bingo and scratch cards have made it online as well.
Most casinos offer a combination of slot and table games at the very least and there are several advantages to playing online table games. They generally have more advantageous RTP values than both online slots and their real-life counterparts at land-based casinos.
And let’s not forget live casino games, which combine the convenience of online gambling with the social side of casino play.
Games such as bingo, keno and lotteries are also popular, and because everything is done online, they are much more accessible and gameplay much faster than the original versions. As these games become more easily available, so too are casinos more inclined to offer promotions that benefit this type of player.
Our casino reviews include information on all the different types of games a casino offers as well as useful info on the promotions and bonuses they offer for these categories.
All these games we love to play take time, effort and skill to develop, and it’s game studios, also called game developers, that do all that hard work. For the most part, developers like to specialise in one type of game, or two at the most.
Yggdrasil, for instance, sticks mostly to slot games and is very successful in doing so. Evolution Gaming, on the other hand, is a specialist in live casino titles only.
The industry is dominated by a few familiar names like NetEnt and Microgaming . But smaller studios also have a chance to prove themselves thanks to distribution deals with software platforms and exclusive collaborations with casino brands. These help to level the playing field and give the little guys just as much access to the market as their bigger competitors.
At JohnSlots, we like to know everything about the games we play and that’s why we have reviewed several leading game providers, researched their games and histories, and put it all in one place on our Game Provider pages.
Guides and Tips
The first step to playing a game, any game, is to understand the rules. Imagine playing bingo without knowing what the numbers mean! It is important to learn how to play as a beginner and to continue working on your skills as your experience level progresses.
JohnSlots guides are the perfect place to start if you are interested in learning about a type or types of casino games. These in-depth, user-friendly guides will help you get to grips with the rules of the game, what actions the player can take and how winnings are calculated.
Our Tips articles supplement that information with hints on how to improve technique and game strategies.
From basic rules to advanced strategy, you will find everything you need to know about any game type in our game guides. These are organised by game so you can explore all related guides easily and in the same place.
You’ve read the guides and you have given the games a try. The Tips section is a great place to continue learning.
These articles range from game-specific articles about improving strategy and choosing the correct variant of a game, to more general topics like choosing the right casino bonus, how wagering requirements work and other info that is relevant to any player.
New CasinosALL NEW CASINOS
New casinos are at the cutting-edge of the dynamic gambling industry and we have seen some truly remarkable achievements by ambitious brands over the years. Our New Casinos toplist includes the latest ones.
Why should I try a new casino?
While some might argue that established casinos are the way to go, at JohnSlots we believe in trying new things out. Here are the things we look out for when evaluating a new casino brand.
- Most new casinos are keen to attract new players and they do so by offering bigger and better welcome bonuses than their competition. For players, that is the perfect opportunity to test out a new casino with a juicy bonus.
- New casino brands tend to be more adventurous and willing to try new things. Innovations like gamification, VR games and others got their start because a few new brands decided to make the leap.
- There is plenty of room for everyone in this expanding industry but new casinos present older brands with the competition. This, in turn, encourages them to update, evolve and innovate to stay relevant, so everyone wins!
- An influx of new competitors has gotten established brands thinking about how they reward loyal players. This has given rise to better loyalty schemes with more attractive perks throughout the industry.
- Having more choices means that players are better able to find exactly the kind of casino they are looking for. At the end of the day, gambling should be an enjoyable experience and with more brands out there, serving different kinds of customers, players are more likely to discover the perfect fit.
New casinos on JohnSlots
Visit the New Casinos 2019 page to find our most recently reviewed casinos.
If you are looking for exciting welcome bonuses, innovative tech or better loyalty structures, this is where you are most likely to find them.
Frequently asked questions
Here you will find answers to some of the frequently asked questions about online casinos and casino bonuses.
How can I register/open account to an online casino?
Opening a casino account usually takes no more than a few minutes. You should fill out your details correctly and accurately as they will be needed at a later stage when you want to withdraw your winnings. At the start, the casino will ask for your personal details like name, address, and age.
What is the age requirement to play an online casino?
The legal gambling age is determined by the country in which you live and casinos are obligated to enforce that same age limit. All casinos impose a minimum age limit of 18+ but in countries where the minimum age is higher, that will take priority.
What information do casinos want from me and why?
Aside from your basic identifying information, the casino will likely ask you to prove your identity when you come to withdraw your winnings. This is to ensure that you are who you say you are and that you are not using the proceeds of crime to play and that you are not using the casino to commit fraud.
To prove your identity, you will need to supply a clear copy of a utility bill no older than 3 months, a piece of government-issued identification like a passport or driver’s license and some form of proof of ownership for your banking details such as a picture of your credit card with all but the last four digits hidden or similar.
How do I know if an online casino is safe?
The best way to ascertain if a casino is safe is to look at its licensing. Unlicensed casinos should be avoided at all costs.
Casinos with a single non-EU license are usually OK but proceed with caution. The best guarantee a casino is safe is having one or more EU-based operating licenses such as ones from the UK or Malta. For UK players, a UKGC-licensed casino is a must.
Are my personal and credit card information safe?
Reputable casinos go to great lengths to protect their players and their information, including banking details. Encryption technology is used by casinos to do this and reputable payment methods such as e-wallets and credit cards will also take protective measures from their end.
How do I claim a bonus on an online casino?
For the most part, all you need to do is to opt-in and you will receive the bonus in question. Some casinos use bonus codes in which case you would need to type that code in to accept the bonus.
How do I know if a bonus or offer is exclusive?
Exclusive bonuses and offers will be advertised as such. Exclusive or not, you should always read the terms and conditions closely before accepting a bonus.
Can I cancel a bonus I’ve already claimed?
If you have claimed a bonus by accident or you have simply changed your mind, contact the player support team who will be able to help remove it from your account. Do not use any part of the bonus as this might jeopardise this process.
Why didn’t I get a bonus, but my friend did?
Not all players can accept all bonuses. For example, a returning player who already has a casino account will not be able to accept the welcome bonus again.
Similarly, new players who have not played through their welcome bonus are usually prohibited from accepting another bonus. The T&Cs will specify which players can claim a particular bonus.
Can you win money for real at online casinos?
Yes, and many people have done so. Safe and secure online casinos ensure that all play conducted on their site is completely random and fair. While it may not happen very often, it is absolutely possible to win at online casinos.