JohnSlots: Find the Best Online Casinos, Bonuses & Slots
There is never a dull moment in the world of online casinos. Think of us as your friendly insider with everything you need to know about new online casinos, bonuses and slots. Your journey starts right now, right here.
We were once like you, a group of passionate gamblers looking for a place to play. It wasn’t always the easiest. In 2013 we teamed up with a bunch of iGaming experts and BOOM, this is how JohnSlots came about. Our goal was (and still is) to find a better way to sift through the thousands of casino brands out there, on the web.
It was clear from the beginning that if we wanted to succeed, we’d have to build a place where both newbies and seasoned veterans can benefit from what we know. Now we leave it up to you to decide whether or not we’ve succeeded.
At JohnSlots you will find accurate information about the latest slots, casinos, welcome bonuses, responsible gaming, tips and tricks and a whole lot more. Use the top-navigation bar to move around the site to find:
- Casino reviews – With over 120 detailed analysis of new and old places to play, we seek to provide you with everything you need to know before you register your account.
- Toplists – All reviews are organised into different categories to make sure you’ll find something suitable depending on your needs. It’s super easy to compare both casinos and welcome bonuses.
- Exclusive offers – We’ve been around the block enough times for casino operators to throw exclusive offers at us. Be sure to come back regularly for special deals you won’t find anywhere else.
- Slot reviews – The clue is in the name. What can we say, we’re crazy about slots around here. At the moment we’ve written about more than 330 games and we plan to keep it up until we’ve covered them all.
- Game providers – It takes great studios to create great games. Since we’re passionate about slots we also care about where they come from. Check out this section to learn more about all the big game providers.
- Game guides – Everything is fun and games in the beginning but if you want to up your game, you should look into our guides that cover everything from slots to blackjack and poker to bingo.
- Tips and tricks – How many times have you heard stories about betting strategies, card counting and how to beat wagering requirements? Maybe there’s some truth to it all. We have a lot to share.
- Latest News – The iGaming industry is fast-paced and new casinos, slots and game providers popping up all the time. Then there are mergers and acquisitions, regulations and deregulations to keep track of. And we do in our news section.
Find the right casino for you
There are so many casinos to choose from nowadays that picking the right one could seem like a daunting task. What’s more important for you, a huge welcome bonus, a wide selection of games, fast withdrawal times, excellent customer support, lots and lots of payment methods, something else?
We do all the hard work so you don’t have to. Here’s what we do:
- JohnSlots go through hundreds of casinos before picking which ones to share with you. Only those we deem trustworthy, safe and have legit offers and policies are shown.
- To make it on to our toplists, your casino must live up to our high standards AND be good enough for anyone in our company to sign up and play.
- It used to be really difficult back in the day to find comprehensive reviews written by experts. This is one of the reasons JohnSlots came into being. We have a small army of professional writers who know their way around a casino and what it takes to create a great game. So before you embark on your gaming adventure, make sure you read up a bit. That’s why we’re here.
- Whenever you come across our toplists and feel ready to register your casino account, simply click the Visit Casino button. You’ll be taken directly to their homepage where you can sign up and claim the welcome bonus.
What makes for a great casino?
Let’s face it, not every casino is great. Some are downright horrible. This is where JohnSlots come in. When we assess any casino we do so based on more than 50 different criteria.
It’s only fair that you should have as much information as possible before you decide where to play. After all, it’s your money. Here are some of the main things we look at:
- Welcome offer – There’s nothing worse than claiming a fat bonus with your first deposit only to find out that it’s attached to insurmountable wagering requirements. Always, ALWAYS, read the terms before you accept any bonuses.
- Registration process – It shouldn’t be a challenge to sign up with an online casino. Sure, depending on regulations there are times when you may have to divulge more than you expected, but your grandmother’s maiden name… COME ON!
- Promotions – This is the retention machine of any casino. Some campaigns and offers are really good and fun to participate in, but then there are those that are really dodgy. We know the difference and we’ll let you know without hesitation.
- Payment methods – You know what they say; money makes the world go round. And if you want to throw your hard-earned cash into the mix, you want to know how you can do it and rest assured that it gets where it’s supposed to, right?
- Casino games – Much of your casino experience is based on the number of games you’ll find on offer. In this case, less is definitely not more. You want to be sure that all the big game providers are represented so you’ll have a lot of choices.
- Mobile friendly – The world we live in is not the same as when Nokia released that phone that never broke. Today we spend more time than ever on our phones so it’s worth knowing if you can play casino games anytime, anywhere.
- Customer support – Everything doesn’t always go according to plan and this is when you may want to contact someone who can help you. We will let you know if you can expect answers to your questions or if you’re better off sending smoke signals.
- Terms and conditions – Be honest, when was the last time you read terms and conditions for anything online? We will do it for you and let you know if we find something hidden in the fine print. Of course, trusted casinos wouldn’t hide anything, but better safe than sorry.
- VIP – It’s rare that casinos advertise their VIP programs these days because of regulations. But they definitely have them. If we can get them to talk, we’ll give you the deets. Normally, to become a VIP you just have to be a regular player and the casino will reach out to you.
The most popular casinos in the UK
Players in the UK are famous for only settling for the best when it comes to gambling online. Brands catering to UK-based players go the extra mile to satisfy these needs and luckily, a number of respected casinos have proven themselves up to the task.
These include behemoths like 888 Casino, which is possibly one of the most well-known casino brands worldwide and in the UK.
Another top name is Betfair, with its massive range of sports betting, casino games and bingo too.
Land-based Genting Casino is already a household name in the UK and they have made serious efforts to live up to its reputation and popularity with their online venue.
We cannot help but also mention Mr Green, which continues to engage players with its appealing promotions and a large variety of gambling options.
Different casinos for different needs
Just like every player is different, casinos also differ in their purpose. While some aim to be all-rounders, offering a bit of everything in hopes of attracting a broad swathe of casual gamblers, others have a more specific appeal.
Therefore, we have grouped the casinos we have reviewed into categories, making it easier for you to find exactly what you are looking for with minimal fuss.
In this section, you will find the casinos we have most recently reviewed. These can be newly launched casinos or ones that have been around a while but have only recently met our high standards and thus become deserving of a place in our toplists.
The brands displayed here specialise in providing live casino games. Sure, some of them have branched out over the years to offer a variety of options but this doesn’t take away from the fact that their biggest product involves live dealers.
There aren’t that many mobile-only casinos, though we suspect this will change in the foreseeable future. The mobile casinos on this list are the ones with an exceptional mobile offering, including some which are mobile-first i.e. designed specifically for small screens.
UK players may not be aware of it, but the UK Gambling Commission is one of the strictest in the world, and holding a UKGC license is somewhat of a gold standard for casino operators. Rest assured that every UK-licensed casino on this toplist is compliant all the way.
Is online gambling legal?
This totally depends on your physical location. In most countries it’s perfectly fine to gamble, but then there are those that oppose it vigorously.
Every online casino will have a list of countries from which you’re not allowed to play. Maybe something to keep in mind when you’re planning your holiday.
In order to serve players in the United Kingdom, a casino must hold a license issued by the UKGC. This ensures that the casino is adhering to specific rules, mainly aimed at protecting players from addiction and transparency when it comes to offers and promotions.
UKGC is not the only licensing authority in Europe. For many years, the only place to get a license was from Malta’s MGA. This is why so many casino operators are based there.
The latest country to enforce regulations for online gambling is Sweden. Rules there are actually so strict that casinos are even hesitating from applying for a license.
Why gamble online?
Let us paint you a picture: imagine it’s 8 pm on a Friday and you feel the sudden urge to play some casino games. You prep what you’re going to wear, take a quick shower, search for your car keys, maybe you have to call for a babysitter.
It’s now 9 pm and you get into your car and set the GPS for the nearest casino in the city centre. You’re swerving through traffic full of people who are probably heading to the bars and clubs downtown, the same area you’re going.
It’s now 10 pm and you have arrived at your final destination, sort of. You still have to spend an hour to find a parking space… So it’s shortly after 11 pm when you walk through the casino doors.
The place is packed. All the tables are full. You move around the casino and end up in the slot area where people have been chain-smoking for hours already. Your eyes start to tear up when you finally find a seat.
You reach down to move your stool closer to the screen and dig your fingers deep into a piece of chewing gum that’s probably been there since the ’80s… We could easily go on and on…
Still, if you’re not already convinced, here’s a list of reasons why you should gamble online:
- It’s convenient. Instead of risking all that stuff above happening to you, you could have stayed home and played on your computer or mobile phone.
- Online casino games offer much higher RTP values than land-based casinos. Keep in mind that the latter have much larger overheads and the money has to come from somewhere…
- Progressive jackpots online can reach astronomical heights. One win that comes to mind is the £13.2 million jackpot on Mega Moolah, scored by Jonathan Haywood from Chesire in October 2015.
- When you have an online casino account, they will send you all their latest offers and promotions straight to your inbox. It couldn’t be easier to opt-in to campaigns with fantastic prizes.
- Before you know it you’ll be part of a loyalty program with cashback offers without wagering requirements and other perks such as boosted offers and special promotions.
- If you stick around you’re also likely to get an invite to join the VIP program. Expect even better deals and a dedicated handler, no more regular customer support for you.
- You never have to wait in line to play anything. A brick and mortar casino is limited by its floorspace, such restrictions don’t exist online. Just pick a game and start playing.
- Many online brands offer multiple products, allowing players to bet on sports, play poker and slots through the same account. You’ll be hard-pressed to find that degree of variety at a land-based venue.
- Online casinos are increasingly focused on mobile play. It essentially means that you can carry an entire casino in your pocket wherever you go. All you need is an internet connection.
Claim exclusive Casino BonusesALL CASINO BONUSES
Casino bonuses can take a good casino experience and make it into a great one. We work hard to make sure we provide you with the latest news on new bonuses and our toplists and reviews are constantly updated to reflect welcome bonuses accurately. Our Promos page is where you can find the freshest casino promotions around.
Casino bonuses can have all kinds of shapes and sizes, and we strive to make sure you get detailed information of the differences between them so that you can choose the one that suits you best.
No deposit bonuses, for example, are awarded without the need for a player to deposit. These are normally offered as part of a welcome package or for doing something else like referring a friend or playing a game a specified number of times.
Deposit bonuses are also called deposit match bonuses. This is when a casino matches a player’s deposit by a specified amount, usually displayed as a percentage. These bonuses also (usually) come with a limit, so a typical bonus deal would look like – 100% up to £100.
Free spins bonuses are always players’ favourite. The casino will award the player with a set number of free spins, usually after they deposit a minimum amount to trigger the bonus and there are no wagering requirements.
Bonus spins are similar to free spins but you need to wager the winnings a number of times stated in the bonus terms and conditions.
We can think of cashback offers as ‘refund’ bonuses i.e. the casino will return a set percentage of a player’s losses back to their account, which means that they can play for longer.
Exclusive bonuses are our favourites! We collaborate with brands who would like to offer our readers exclusive bonuses they will not get elsewhere. These usually come with preferential terms, higher limits or extra bonus perks.
Casinos can and do get creative with their offers, promotions and campaigns. These can take the form of giveaways, leaderboard challenges, wagering challenges and many others besides. Most brands inform their players via their Promotions or Offer pages, which can be found on the casino site itself.
Another way players get to know about casino offers is through email newsletters and SMS alerts. If you want to receive this kind of communication, it’s important to ensure that the contact details associated with your casino account are accurate.
JohnSlots also does its part to keep track of such offers with a weekly Promo article rounding up the latest and most exciting offers that can be claimed over the following 8 days.
Online SlotsALL ONLINE SLOTS
Online game developers are constantly working on their next title and new games are launched every week.
We review the most exciting titles released each month so you can easily find new slots to play and learn all about their features. We also do it because we like giving these new games a go!
Slots are by far the most quickly growing category, with the biggest studios launching one or more new games per month.
We keep a close eye on industry news and sneak peeks from the studios and then carefully review each game. In each review, readers will be able to find information on the following:
- The important slot features such as the number of reels and rows, the level of volatility, available paylines, the game’s RTP value and more.
- We delve into the symbols you will see on the reels, including special ones like the Wilds and Scatters, and what each can do.
- Each bonus feature such as free spins and re-spins, will be explained in full.
- If a jackpot is available, we will explain how that prize can be won.
- We test mobile-compatible games for speed, clarity and overall gameplay.
- We narrow it all down to a list of pros and cons about what makes the game stand out and what could be improved.
Playing a casino slot game for free is simple. Once you sign up with an online casino, you will have access to all the games they offer in demo mode, which allows you to spin/play for free for as long as you like, without spending a cent.
Many casinos are keen to draw attention to newly released games and so are likely to offer free spins promotions to entice players. Keep an eye out for casino promotions that include free spins – it can present the perfect chance to try a brand-new slot gratis.
Why should I play new slots?
- New games are particularly appealing to casino players because they represent the latest in software technology and are an opportunity for developers to exercise their creative muscles.
- Many online casinos regularly offer bonuses and promotions that include play on new slot games.
- Larger providers such as Yggdrasil and NetEnt often coordinate network-wide campaigns and players stand to win prizes when they participate at casinos that form part of these campaigns.
- Slots software is always moving, growing and changing. Trying out the latest titles means that players get to see these innovations up close.
- With hundreds of new games released per year, players are certain to find many that they like, no matter their tastes.
All these games we love to play take time, effort and skill to develop, and it’s game studios, also called game developers, that do all that hard work. For the most part, developers like to specialise in one type of game, or two at the most.
Yggdrasil, for instance, sticks mostly to slot games and is very successful in doing so. Evolution Gaming, on the other hand, is a specialist in live casino titles only.
The industry is dominated by a few familiar names like NetEnt and Microgaming . But smaller studios also have a chance to prove themselves thanks to distribution deals with software platforms and exclusive collaborations with casino brands. These help to level the playing field and give the little guys just as much access to the market as their bigger competitors.
At JohnSlots, we like to know everything about the games we play and that’s why we have reviewed several leading game providers, researched their games and histories, and put it all in one place on our Game Provider pages.
New CasinosALL NEW CASINOS
New casinos are at the cutting-edge of the dynamic gambling industry and we have seen some truly remarkable achievements by ambitious brands over the years. Our New Casinos toplist includes the latest ones.
Why should I try a new casino?
While some might argue that established casinos are the way to go, at JohnSlots we believe in trying new things out. Here are the things we look out for when evaluating a new casino brand.
- Most new casinos are keen to attract new players and they do so by offering bigger and better welcome bonuses than their competition. For players, that is the perfect opportunity to test out a new casino with a juicy bonus.
- New casino brands tend to be more adventurous and willing to try new things. Innovations like gamification, VR games and others got their start because a few new brands decided to make the leap.
- There is plenty of room for everyone in this expanding industry but new casinos present older brands with the competition. This, in turn, encourages them to update, evolve and innovate to stay relevant, so everyone wins!
- An influx of new competitors has gotten established brands thinking about how they reward loyal players. This has given rise to better loyalty schemes with more attractive perks throughout the industry.
- Having more choices means that players are better able to find exactly the kind of casino they are looking for. At the end of the day, gambling should be an enjoyable experience and with more brands out there, serving different kinds of customers, players are more likely to discover the perfect fit.
New casinos on JohnSlots
Visit the New Casinos 2019 page to find our most recently reviewed casinos.
If you are looking for exciting welcome bonuses, innovative tech or better loyalty structures, this is where you are most likely to find them.
Casino gamesAll casino games
Of course, online casino is not just about slot games. Indeed, way back at the birth of online gambling, it was table games that really started the whole party off.
Since then, lotteries, keno, bingo and scratch cards have made it online as well.
Most casinos offer a combination of slot and table games at the very least and there are several advantages to playing online table games. They generally have more advantageous RTP values than both online slots and their real-life counterparts at land-based casinos.
And let’s not forget live casino games, which combine the convenience of online gambling with the social side of casino play.
Games such as bingo, keno and lotteries are also popular, and because everything is done online, they are much more accessible and gameplay much faster than the original versions. As these games become more easily available, so too are casinos more inclined to offer promotions that benefit this type of player.
Our casino reviews include information on all the different types of games a casino offers as well as useful info on the promotions and bonuses they offer for these categories.
Game guides and tips
The first step to playing a game, any game, is to understand the rules. Imagine playing bingo without knowing what the numbers mean! It is important to learn how to play as a beginner and to continue working on your skills as your experience level progresses.
JohnSlots guides are the perfect place to start if you are interested in learning about a type or types of casino games. These in-depth, user-friendly guides will help you get to grips with the rules of the game, what actions the player can take and how winnings are calculated.
Our Tips articles supplement that information with hints on how to improve technique and game strategies.
From basic rules to advanced strategy, you will find everything you need to know about any game type in our game guides. These are organised by game so you can explore all related guides easily and in the same place.
You’ve read the guides and you have given the games a try. The Tips section is a great place to continue learning.
These articles range from game-specific articles about improving strategy and choosing the correct variant of a game, to more general topics like choosing the right casino bonus, how wagering requirements work and other info that is relevant to any player.
Frequently asked questions
Here you will find answers to some of the frequently asked questions about online casinos and casino bonuses.
How can I register/open account to an online casino?
Opening a casino account usually takes no more than a few minutes. You should fill out your details correctly and accurately as they will be needed at a later stage when you want to withdraw your winnings. At the start, the casino will ask for your personal details like name, address, and age.
What is the age requirement to play an online casino?
The legal gambling age is determined by the country in which you live and casinos are obligated to enforce that same age limit. All casinos impose a minimum age limit of 18+ but in countries where the minimum age is higher, that will take priority.
What information do casinos want from me and why?
Aside from your basic identifying information, the casino will likely ask you to prove your identity when you come to withdraw your winnings. This is to ensure that you are who you say you are and that you are not using the proceeds of crime to play and that you are not using the casino to commit fraud.
To prove your identity, you will need to supply a clear copy of a utility bill no older than 3 months, a piece of government-issued identification like a passport or driver’s license and some form of proof of ownership for your banking details such as a picture of your credit card with all but the last four digits hidden or similar.
How do I know if an online casino is safe?
The best way to ascertain if a casino is safe is to look at its licensing. Unlicensed casinos should be avoided at all costs.
Casinos with a single non-EU license are usually OK but proceed with caution. The best guarantee a casino is safe is having one or more EU-based operating licenses such as ones from the UK or Malta. For UK players, a UKGC-licensed casino is a must.
Are my personal and credit card information safe?
Reputable casinos go to great lengths to protect their players and their information, including banking details. Encryption technology is used by casinos to do this and reputable payment methods such as e-wallets and credit cards will also take protective measures from their end.
How do I claim a bonus on an online casino?
For the most part, all you need to do is to opt-in and you will receive the bonus in question. Some casinos use bonus codes in which case you would need to type that code in to accept the bonus.
How do I know if a bonus or offer is exclusive?
Exclusive bonuses and offers will be advertised as such. Exclusive or not, you should always read the terms and conditions closely before accepting a bonus.
Can I cancel a bonus I’ve already claimed?
If you have claimed a bonus by accident or you have simply changed your mind, contact the player support team who will be able to help remove it from your account. Do not use any part of the bonus as this might jeopardise this process.
Why didn’t I get a bonus, but my friend did?
Not all players can accept all bonuses. For example, a returning player who already has a casino account will not be able to accept the welcome bonus again.
Similarly, new players who have not played through their welcome bonus are usually prohibited from accepting another bonus. The T&Cs will specify which players can claim a particular bonus.
Can you win money for real at online casinos?
Yes, and many people have done so. Safe and secure online casinos ensure that all play conducted on their site is completely random and fair. While it may not happen very often, it is absolutely possible to win at online casinos.