The game of online baccarat has a fairly low house edge when compared to other table games, making it a perfect choice for players looking to win. At only 1%, this game gives players a magnificent chance of winning, with very little that could possibly go wrong since there is little room for mistakes.
In the game of baccarat, players must place a bet on the probability of either ‘player’ or ‘dealer’ having the highest value of cards close to the number 9. Betting on the dealer is ultimately the most effective baccarat strategy in existence, as it has a higher payout percentage. Nothing is however foolproof. Here are our top tips to help increase your odds of winning.
- Betting on a tie: There is a common misconception that players betting on a tie leads to a bigger payout. Although the chance of winning big is still there, the odds of hitting this bet are quite low meaning that you are more likely to lose quite a few times before you strike gold. If it happens, winnings still won’t be able to cover for your losses so betting on a tie is risky business.
- Tracking betting patterns: Although some people at land-based casinos tend to track patterns of the game and to base their bets based on these patterns, one must remember that online baccarat is a game of chance that uses cards that are shuffled. Therefore patterns cannot be tracked. When it comes to online casinos, cards are further randomly generated so tracking patterns makes little sense.
- Play baccarat with few decks: There are plenty of games available at online casinos that use a various number of decks, meaning that each card type is available for a specific number of times. Plenty of players believe that fewer decks lead to a bigger advantage to players. The more decks are added to the equation, the bigger the chance of a tie and thus, increasing the house edge.
You need to know three essential facts when it comes to online baccarat and outcome probabilities.
- Bets on the player have a 1.36% house edge
- Bets on the banker have a 1.17% house edge
- Bets on the tie have a 14% house edge
Judging by the information above, it does not take much to work out which is the best possible bet. The banker bet is ultimately the most profitable one even though it comes with a 5% commission attached to it.
Want to learn more about online baccarat? Read more strategies and tips and when you’re ready to play with real money, check out our trusted online casinos to take advantage of a top casino bonus offer.
Online Baccarat Expert
Archer Mendoza Zheng, an expert in online baccarat, shares winning strategies and in-depth knowledge to help players succeed. With a comprehensive understanding of the game's intricacies, he guides players through the rules, strategies, and advanced techniques. Archer's expertise empowers players to enhance their baccarat skills and achieve remarkable success in online casinos.More info on Archer Mendoza Zheng