Hong Kong Tower Free Spins
You can look at free spins as belonging to two groups – those given externally and those internally. By ‘externally’, we’re referring to those given as promotional offers by online casinos that feature Hong Kong Tower in their library. When a new game is launched, or after some time, when it gains popular traction, casinos tend to organise promos revolving around the game in question. This is especially so since free spins remain one of the most popular types of freebies amongst players.
The other type of free spins – the ‘internal’ type – are ones given out during actual play by the game itself. In the case of Hong Kong Tower, a free spin is termed ‘Extra Life’. These are only triggered during the bonus game. The number of bonus symbols you get in the main game is proportionate to how many ‘extra lives’ you get during the bonus game.
Hong Kong Tower Bonus
The bonus game is called ‘Wheels of the Sky’ in Hong Kong Towers. You can unlock it by achieving 3 Bonus Symbols or more. The amount of spins you get in the bonus game depends on the number of bonus symbols you got on the spin that unlocks the bonus game.
After you are greeted with an animation that takes you to the first of three Ferris wheels. This is a progressive game that guarantees wins on every spin. If you get a white arrow, the game takes you to the next Ferris wheel, and ditto for the second-to-third wheel. The game will continue for as long as you have ‘extra lives’ remaining.
Hong Kong Tower Slot
Hong Kong Tower is produced by ELK Studios. Inspired by the building with the same name in the independent city known as ‘The Fragrant Harbour’, Hong Kong Tower is a 5-reel, 3-row slot with 99 ways of winning. It utilises dazzling light and other visual effects to simulate the actual architecture’s Guinness Award-winning light effects and head-spinning heights. The bet levels can be toggled to anywhere between €0.20 – €100, and the maximum win amount is set at €301,650.
Other features of note include the bonus game (mentioned above) that functions as a progressive slot that sees you level up as you move from one wheel to the next. This is called ‘Wheels of the Sky’. Also, the game implements pre-set betting strategies that you can toggle on or off anytime you want (refer to ‘Slot Tips’ section).
Other controls worth noting include an ‘Auto Spin’ button. You can set this to spin automatically for a finite number of rounds. Also, by clicking on ‘Options’, you can access the ‘Paytable’, ‘Settings’, and ‘Rules’.
Symbols & Wilds
There are 3 bonus-generating symbols to look out for while playing. They are as follows:
- Bonus Symbol – 3 Bonus symbols (red) unlock the Wheels of the Sky bonus game; 4 symbols give you an extra life; 5 symbols give you 2 extra lives.
- Mystery Symbol – When you achieve a Mystery Symbol or more than one, these reveal any of the other symbols once the reels stop spinning.
- Bonus Mystery Symbol – If a Bonus Symbol is revealed during this time it is known as a Bonus Mystery Symbol (blue) and it counts as 5 regular Bonus Symbols (red).
Hong Kong Tower Jackpot
Hong Kong Tower Mobile Slot
ELK Studios confess that they made Hong Kong Towers primarily with handheld devices in mind, with particular emphasis on smartphones. The mobile version allows you to switch between ‘portrait’ and ‘landscape’ visual modes. And the controls are designed with ease-of-play in mind.
Hong Kong Tower RTP
The Return-To-Player percentage for Hong Kong Tower is 96.3%, which is comparatively fair for a payout percentage. Generally, most games land somewhere between 94-96%, placing Hong Kong Tower slightly above the average mark.
Hong Kong Tower Slot Tips
ELK Studios has implemented 4 pre-set betting strategies in Hong Kong Tower, following their observations that many players tend to change bet sizes depending on the outcome of previous spins. Each one follows an independent set of rules that changes bet levels accordingly. These can be switched on/off after any spin, and they work well in conjunction with the Auto Spin function. They are as follows:
- Optimiser – The bet levels change automatically according to player’s bank roll to match the balance. Levels go from 1% (casual player) to 10% (high roller).
- Leveller – Every 5 concurrent losses will trigger the bet levels to rise by 2 levels. This repeats itself until the player wins.
- Booster – The bet level increases by a step on every loss until reaching 4 levels above base level. Winning a round resets it.
- Jumper – The bet level increases after every win until reaching 4 levels above base level. Losing a round resets it.