Ivanhoe, by ELK Gaming, is designed as a 3×3 fruit slot with 17 pay lines and an RTP set at 96.3%. It features a pixelated screen in the background displaying different scenes from a story. During the bonus game, which is divided into 5 levels, a different story scene is shown, and you will receive increasingly great perks when levelling up. These include more free spins and increasing multiplier and maximum coin win limit.
- RTP: 96.3%
- FREE SPINS: yes
- VOLATILITY: medium
Ivanhoe Free Spins
Ivanhoe gives out free spins by way of its multi-level bonus game. 3 bonus symbols – 1 on each reel – triggers the bonus game, and you’ll have an initial 5 free spins to start off with. From there on, every Bonus Symbol that appears during the bonus game adds another free spin. Also, the crown symbol becomes a wild and substitutes for all other symbols except the bonus symbol
The bonus game will take you through 5 different levels, each with its own added amount of free spins, multiplier and maximum coin limit. Each time the coin limit of a level is reached, the game will move up to the next level automatically. Free spins will be carried onto the next level as well. The bonus levels are as follows:
- 1st level – Ambush!: x2 multiplier; 2500 max. coin limit
- 2nd level – The Joust Part 1: +3 free spins: x3 multiplier; 8000 max. coin limit
- 3rd level – Robin’s Rescue: +3 free spins; x4 multiplier; 20000 max. coin limit
- 4th level – The Joust Part 2: +3 free spins; x5 multiplier; 81000 max. coin limit
- 5th level – Return of the King: +3 free spins; x6 multiplier; 300000 max. coin limit
Ivanhoe, by ELK Games, is a deceptively complex and feature-packed game. Deceptive because, at first glance, it simply looks like a traditional 3×3 fruit machine with 17 pay lines and a pixelated screen in the rear. However, Ivanhoe is more than that, what with an Ivanhoe Bonus Banner that unlocks the bonus game when 3 appear on the reels, a King’s Crown symbol that becomes a wild during the bonus game, a multi-tiered bonus game, and a function that allows you to switch between pre-set betting strategies. Meanwhile, the screen in the background will play different scenes such as battles, jousts, and beautiful natural scenery depending on the game being played at the moment.
Symbols and Features
Ivanhoe is a 3×3 fruit machine with 17 pay lines. The basic user interface functions include the following:
- Options (Pay table, Settings, Rules)
- Betting Level/Betting Strategies
- Auto Spin (10-100)
- Spin Button
- Bet Level Marker
Along with the basic symbols you usually find on a traditional fruit slot machine, you’ll see an Ivanhoe Bonus Banner that covers the entire reel. 3 of these unlock the bonus game. Another symbol that sticks out is the King’s Crown, which becomes a wild during the bonus game. The highest paying symbol is the Red 7. 1 on each reel will give you 3000 coins. The pay out, in this case, depends on the bet level you set prior to the winning spin.
Ivanhoe features 4 Betting Strategies. These are pre-set strategies that alter your bet levels in different ways in conjunction with auto spins. Here they are:
- Optimiser – Bets change according to a percentage of your balance. The bet level changes automatically, adapting to the selected percentage of your balance.
- Leveller – Raises bets after 5 losses in a row. 5 consecutive losses raise the bet by 2 levels. This pattern continues for another 2 levels. It resets after a win is achieved.
- Booster – Bet level is raised by 1 after every loss, until 4 levels above base bet are reached. It resets after a win is achieved.
- Jumper – Bet level is raised by 1 after every winning round, until 4 levels above base bet are reached. It resets after a loss.
The main special feature of the game is the bonus game. This is unlocked by achieving 3 Ivanhoe Bonus Banners, 1 on each reel. This gives you an initial 5 free spins and a multiplier. Also, the King’s Crown symbol becomes a Wild. Every Ivanhoe Bonus Banner that lands on the reels during the bonus round gives you an extra free spin. Once you reach the maximum coin amount possible in that level of the bonus round, you will level up. There are 5 levels to rise through, each with its own mission and video cut-scene sequence playing on the background screen. Here are the 5 levels:
- Level 1 – Ambush!: x2 multiplier; 2500 max. coin win
- Level 2 – The Joust Part 1: +3 free spins, x3 multiplier; 8000 max coin win
- Level 3 – Robin’s Rescue: +3 free spins, x4 multiplier; 20000 max coin win
- Level 4 – The Joust Part 2: +3 free spins; x5 multiplier; 81000 max coin win
- Level 5 – Return of the King: +3 free spins: x6 multiplier; 300000 max coin win
In the last level of the bonus round – Return of the King – you can win up to 300,000 coins. Then, the pay out on this win depends on the bet level set during the spin that triggered the bonus game. While this is not a jackpot in the traditional sense of the word, it’s the equivalent.
Ivanhoe on Mobile
Ivanhoe is playable on handheld devices that use any one of the operating systems iOS, Android, or Windows, as well as one of the universally recognised browsers Chrome, Explorer, or Firefox.
The RTP is 96.3%.