Release the Kraken 2
It’s a little disheartening to discover that the win potential was slashed in half, but Release the Kraken 2 is still as vibrant and enjoyable as the previous title, if not more!
- Base game with 3 random features
- Free spins with increasing multipliers
- Max win potential of up to 5,000x your stake
- Halved max win potential
- Varying RTP levels
Adorned with cutesy animations and flooded to the brim with bonus features, Release the Kraken 2 is a descendant slot of the original title from Pragmatic Play. Set deep in the ocean, the game’s vibrant theme, depicting kindly shark, sweet little puffer fish and other sea creatures, looks even friendlier than the previous edition. Now a wild and scatter, Kraken has also dropped his monstrous appearance. Other than that, the game is playable on the familiar 5×3 reel setup with 20 paylines, which increase to 40 during free spins. Are you ready for your new adventure underwater? Explore the game in more detail with our slot review below.
|SLOT FEATURES||Wilds, Shifting Stacked Wilds, Scatters, Wild Respins, Free Spins, Multipliers, Guaranteed Win|
|RELEASE DATE||3rd November 2022|
|GAME PROVIDER||Pragmatic Play|
|SLOT TYPE||Video Slot|
|REELS, ROWS, PAYLINES||5, 4, 20(40)|
|BET LEVELS||0.20 – 100|
|MAXIMUM WIN||5,000x Your Stake|
|RETURN TO PLAYER||96.50%|
Similar to the earlier edition, the follow-up Release the Kraken 2 is packed with bonus features, including the slightly modified random mini-features. The free spins bonus round has also made its way into the new title, but luckily, you no longer need to land a mix of symbol combinations to trigger it. 3 scatters will do the job perfectly. There’s also a two-mode bonus buy option and Ante Bet, which gives you a higher chance to win a feature.
The hot pink Kraken wild is worth up to 16x our stake for 5 identical symbols, and it can substitute for all paying symbols except scatters to help achieve a winning combination.
The golden Kraken compensates for its lack of monetary value by triggering free spins. As a scatter symbol, it lands anywhere on the reels, activating the bonus round whenever 3 or more identical icons appear in view on the same spin.
Like in the original title, in Release the Kraken 2, you’ll also benefit from three random mini-features:
- Wild Respin – When 4 or more wilds hit the screen on the spin, you’ll enter the respin mode, during which the triggering wilds will move from space to space while other reels spin. Hitting more wilds awards another respin until no more wilds show.
- Shifting Stacked Wilds – You’ll be hard-pushed to miss these giants hitting reels 2, 3 and 4 on any random spin. They may land partially visible at first but will shift up the reels awarding a 1x multiplier for every nudge.
- Guaranteed Win – On any given non-winning spin, you may see Kraken creep onto your reels and reshuffle symbols so that you win a prize of 20x up to 50x your stake. Or, he might summon 3 scatters to the reels and trigger free spins if he’s in the mood for it.
Based on the number of triggering scatters, the free spinsbonus round starts with a little game. You’ll be shown a screen of 16 boxes each containing free spins and multipliers with the first treasure chest selected for you automatically. You can accept it and unlock the bonus round, or you can reject it and carry on playing the mini-game, a bit like in the Deal or No Deal show. However, if you reject the offer, some boxes will be removed, leaving you with a lesser choice until you finally accept the deal. Here’s what you get for 3, 4 or 5 triggering scatters:
- 3 scatters award 4-15 free spins with an up to 6x multiplier.
- 4 scatters award 5-20 free spins with an up to 10x multiplier.
- 5 scatters award 6-20 free spins with an up to 10x multiplier.
Each time a wild lands during free spins, it will stay on the grid hovering from space to space on every spin. Landing a scatter increases the win multiplier by 1x, and, finally, during free spins, your win lines increase to 40, giving you more chances to win on every spin.
If you’re wondering, the game doesn’t have a dedicated jackpot. Instead, it offers wins of up to 5,000x your stake as the top reward, which is, sadly, half the size of the original’s potential.
Like most games from Pragmatic Play, Release the Kraken 2 also has a high volatility, meaning that it will pay out less often on average, but the wins will be bigger when they hit. The default RTP is 96.50%, but be wary of varying values at different online casinos.
You can use your mobile phone or tablet to discover the hidden treasures at the bottom of the ocean thanks to the game’s high-tech HTML5 setup.
Online Slot Expert
Leanna Madden is an expert in online slots, specializing in analyzing game providers and evaluating the quality and variety of slot games. With her extensive knowledge, she guides players to the best slot options, including high RTP slots and those with exciting bonus features. Leanna's insights help players make informed decisions and enjoy rewarding slot experiences at online casinos.More info on Leanna Madden