Microgaming’s Thunderstruck II serves as the new and improved version of its predecessor, with the same design and similar gameplay. The improvements come through in the form of its extra features. Most notably, The Great Hall of Spins, four-level free spins feature reflective of the four gods that appear in the online slots game’s design!
- Game Provider:
- RTP: 96.65%
- FREE SPINS: yes
- VOLATILITY: medium
The best casino to play Thunderstruck 2
It is not just The Great Hall of Spins that has made this game one of the most popular to play since its launch in 2010. The inclusion of Wilds Storms, which turn 5 reels into wilds, 243 ways to win and wilds that payout more than 30x times your stake when in a payline, combined with an aptly thunderous soundtrack and epic design all contribute to a sequel than blows its predecessor out of the skies!
- Release date: May 5th, 2010
- Game: Thunderstruck 2
- Game provider: Microgaming
- 5 reels, 3 rows and 243 Paylines
- Bet levels: £0.30-£15
- Maximum win: £121,500
- Special features: Wilds, Wild Storms, 4 Free Spins Options, Multipliers
- Return to player: 96.65%
- Jackpot: No
- Mobile: Yes
- Volatility: Medium
Thunderstruck II Bonus Features
The core bonus feature of Thunderstruck II is certainly the multi-level free spins bonus features, aka The Hall of Spins. Each of which comes with its own benefit. Alongside this though, there is also the Wild Storm, which can also massively benefit players. Let’s take a look at how these options work.
Thunderstruck II Free Spins
The Hall of Spins feature is triggered by Thor’s Hammer, the game’s scatter, appearing anywhere on reels 3, 4 or 5. When you enter The Hall of Spins, one of the following four free spin features, each representative of a Norse God, will be awarded to you respective of the number of times you have entered the Hall:
- Valkyrie Free Spins Bonus – This is the first free spins level on offer and will award you 15 free spins to play with a 5x multiplier attached to any wins you accumulate. Which isn’t a bad start.
- Loki Free Spins Bonus – This becomes available to you after 5 visits to the hall and again, you will get 15 free spins. While in play, random symbols will be turned into Wilds for even bigger wins. You can also win up to 4 more free spins while this is in play for achieving 2,3,4, or 5 scatters.
- Odin Free Spins Bonus – After 10 visits you gain access to the Odin Free Spins bonus and the rewards his ravens bring you. He will offer you 20 free spins which will have a random multiplier of either 2x,3x or even 6x attached.
- Thor Free Spins Bonus – After you have visited the Hall 15 times you then get eligibility for the Thor Free Spins Bonus. This will see you earn 25 free spins while rolling reels are in play, whereby when on symbol disappears, a new symbol will tumble down to generate extra wins. An increasing multiplier of 2x, 3x, 4x and 5x will be added with each win you generate.
After you have ventured into the Hall of Spins over 15 times, then you can choose which free spins bonus suits your needs best and then opt for that every time the round is triggered. Your level will be shown via a progress bar at the bottom of the reels.
Thunderstruck II Wild Storm
Another hugely beneficial feature is the Wild Storm. This will sweep in and turn up to 5 reels completely wild. Naturally, this can see big wins, with the highest possible outcome being 1,000x your stake.
Finally, the Wilds in the game are also beneficial to your winnings. This will substitute all symbols except the Thor’s Hammer Scatter. If 5 are in a payline together or 4 and a Thor’s Hammer Symbol, then you will win 33.33x your stake.
Thunderstruck II Jackpot
While there is no set jackpot, the potential for winnings reach can 8,100x your stake, if the Loki Free Spins maximum 5x multiplier and the Wildstorm are in play simultaneously. At the maximum bet of £15, this would award a £121,500 payout.
Thunderstruck II Mobile
The game has been optimized for mobile for several years now already.
What does John have to say?
Thunderstruck II looks like a solid effort with the four-tier free spin level being the standout feature of the slot, which dulled with the Wildstorm makes for potentially very lucrative gameplay. Which is wrapped up in a theme of titan proportions. Overall, a very nice game.
- Four-Tier Free Spin Rewards
- Significant Multipliers on Offer
- Wildstorm Feature
- Big Potential Payout
- Average Theoretical Payouts