Online roulette’s popularity goes together with Blackjack’s. Both table games are the most popular gambling games in the world right now. If you are new to Live Roulette, rest assured that we have some of the best roulette tips and strategies to help you get started.
If you have never laid your eyes on a roulette table before, don’t let the numbers and colours puzzle you. Once you’ve read this guide, you’ll soon realise that Live Roulette is actually a very easy game to comprehend with a strong fun streak to it.
Applying the standard roulette layout found at most online and land-based casinos, you start the game by placing a bet on a single number (straight up), a mix of numbers, red or black, odd or even or any number between 1 and 36 and 0 and 00 depending on the variant of the game you have opted for.
Win your way to the top with our live roulette cheat sheet
After placing your bet on a chosen number and colour, the game starts when the dealer spins the wheel in one direction whilst rolling a small ball along the inner edge of the wheel in the opposite direction. The wheel eventually comes to a halt and the ball will fall in one of the slots of the wheel revealing the winning number.
Inside bets are best suited for those who love to take a risk as the odds of winning are quite slim. However, if you do snatch a win, expect your profits to be boosted. Players tend to place bets on a single number and if they win the payout will be 35 to 1. The inner bets are placed on the inner field of the table, between 0 and 36. There are five types of inside bets: Straight, Split, Street of Three Line, Corner and Six Line.
- Straight: a bet on a single number by placing a chip on the box that corresponds to that number.
- Split: a bet on two adjacent numbers, horizontally or vertically, by placing a chip on the line between the two adjacent boxes.
- Street of Three Line: a wager on a row of three numbers on a single horizontal line by putting a chip on the outer line of the number on the far left of the three numbers.
- Corner: a bet on four numbers that form a square, by placing a chip on the cross between the four numbers.
- Six Line: a bet on 6 adjacent numbers at the same time. If you wish to wager on 1-6 for example, you need to place a chip on the T-junction on the far left between the 1 and the 4.
Outside bets are wagers placed on the boxes around the inner field between the number 1 and 36. There are 5 distinguished options available for outside bets: Column, Dozen, High or Low, Red or Black and Odd or Even.
- Column Bet: a wager on one of the three vertical rows (left, middle, right) by placing a chip in the box at the bottom of the row. You then proceed to bet 12 numbers at the same time.
- Dozen Bet: a bet on 12 numbers in three consecutive rows, by placing a chip in one of the following areas: 1st 12, 2nd 12, 3rd 12.
- High or Low Bets: a bet on the high numbers (19-36) or the low numbers (1-18).
- Red or Black: a bet on a colour (red or black) instead of on a number.
- Odd or Even: a bet on odd or even numbers.
Different variations of online roulette
Since online roulette has been gaining increasing popularity since the very beginning, plenty of variations have popped up over the years, most notably European and American Roulette. One of the key differences between the two is that the American Roulette wheel has 2 zeroes on the cylinder giving an unprecedented advantage over the European game.
There are 38 pockets on the American roulette wheel, ranging from 0 to 36, plus the additional 00 number – 18 of these pockets are red, another 18 are black and the remaining slots 0 and 00 are green.
The European roulette wheel has a single 0 which makes it ideal for those players who want to offset the effect of variance. The 0 slow is green while the other 36 numbers are split in black and red.
Play online roulette at these online casinos
If you have been searching high and low for the best live casino bonuses, fret no more as we have got you covered. We have compiled some of the best top offers right here at JohnSlots. If you are looking for more bonus offers, click on the below button.
Ready to hit the tables either on your desktop or by visiting a mobile casino? Grab an exclusive casino bonus right here at JohnSlots. If you are looking for more casino guides and tutorials, check out our dedicated online roulette section for more strategies and tips.