Reel Rush 2
I didn’t think I could love Reel Rush more… until Reel Rush 2 hit the scene! So many more features, so many more thrills and plenty of huge prizes to be won – what’s not to love?
- Sequel to a popular original
- Random modifiers
- Free spins & Super free spins
- Medium volatility
It’s a real statement when a provider of online slots launches a sequel to an existing slot. Not only does it mean they’re acknowledging the success of the original, but it also creates much anticipation around the new release. Will it shape up to be as good as the first? Is it different enough from the original to warrant creating it in the first place?
After taking Reel Rush 2 for a spin ourselves, we can safely say that this sequel has definitely been done justice. It’s everything we loved about the original Reel Rush, but this time with bigger and better features to make the game even more thrilling. Read our review to find out what we loved about this Candy Crush-style slot.
- Release date: 7 November 2019
- Game: Reel Rush 2
- Game developer: NetEnt
- Game info: 1-3-5-3-1 grid in base game, 5-5-5-5-5 grid in bonus round
- Bet levels: £0.20-£100
- Maximum win: 5,000x
- Special features: Free spins, Super free spins, respins, eight random modifiers
- Jackpot: No
- Return to player: 96.58%
- Volatility: Medium
We’ve mentioned it a couple of times already, but Reel Rush 2 is absolutely packed to the brim with thrilling features to take this slot up a notch from the original. There are eight random modifiers to trigger, with up to three coming into play on any spin – and we’ll go through everything below in detail to give you an idea of what to expect.
You’ll see the random modifiers on a train below the reels, and up to three can be triggered on any one spin. The eight different modifiers are as follows:
- Block Breaker: You’ll see a gun fire onto the grid to remove two or four blocks from around the base grid to reveal the symbols hiding behind them. If this modifier destroys the last few blocks remaining to clear the grid, you’ll trigger the free spins round
- Extra free spins: This can award an extra spin to either the free spins or Super free spins round
- Extra Super Tokens: You’ll see between three and 15 tokens deposited to the Super Token meter
- Multiplier boost: This will increase the progressive multiplier by one, and can occur more than once per spin
- Random wilds: Up to three wild will appear on the grid
- Second chance: During respins if you don’t land a consecutive win, this feature can trigger to allow for another respin
- Symbol multiplier: Any symbol other than the wild can be randomly chosen to award a multiplier of 5x, 10x, 15x or 20x on a payline it helps complete
- Symbol upgrade: A randomly selected symbol will be replaced with a higher paying symbol for every instance of it on the grid
Like the original game, whenever a win lands you’ll trigger a respin to look for more prizes. This can occur up to a maximum of five times, and with each respin you can unlock more paylines, up to a maximum of 1,875 in the base game. You’ll also unlock blocks surrounding the base grid, which can help you accumulate Super Tokens.
This round isn’t triggered by finding scatters, but by unlocking blocks and filling up the meter on the right side of the grid. For every two blocks you remove, you’ll see one star added to the meter. If you fill the meter, you’ll be taken to the free spins round where you’ll score eight free spins played with 3,125 ways to win.
Super free spins
Super free spins are achieved by collecting 2,000 Super Tokens. Here, you’ll also receive eight free spins with 3,125 ways to win… but this time you’ll see a progressive multiplier that increases with each win found.
The wild symbol can substitute for any and all symbols during the base game, respins, free spins, and Super free spins.
There’s so much going on in this slot that we didn’t even notice the lack of jackpot. You’ll still have the chance to play for wins of up to 5,000x, so there are plenty of hefty prizes to reel in.
Sitting on the higher side of the average at 96.58%, Reel Rush 2 offers a great RTP, along with medium volatility. We found a balanced mix of high and low wins to hit, and they occurred often enough to keep us engaged.
Just like the original, Reel Rush 2 is widely available on mobile devices, so you’ll be able to play this fun-filled slot on the go, wherever you are.
Online Slot Expert
Leanna Madden is an expert in online slots, specializing in analyzing game providers and evaluating the quality and variety of slot games. With her extensive knowledge, she guides players to the best slot options, including high RTP slots and those with exciting bonus features. Leanna's insights help players make informed decisions and enjoy rewarding slot experiences at online casinos.More info on Leanna Madden