Dogecoin is a prominent cryptocurrency that was created in 2013 by Jackson Palmer and Billy Markus. The currency is easily distinguishable thanks to the Shiba Inu Dog which acts as the crypto’s logo.
Also set on the infamous ‘doge meme’, Dogecoin is a user-friendly and decentralised cryptocurrency that enjoys much lower transaction fees than Bitcoin.
Keep on reading to learn in more detail about this payment method and how it can be advantageous for online gambling.
Searching for the best Dogecoin Casinos? Then you have come to the right place. This page not only teaches you about this cryptocurrency and how to use it for online gambling, but it also showcases some of the best Dogecoin Casinos on the market. Check out the below list at JohnSlots.
Since cryptocurrencies are available in different shapes and forms, having a good glance over the pros and cons will help you make an informed decision. They are also highly volatile, so users should be aware of the trapezing values of these payment methods.
|PROS OF DOGECOIN
|CONS OF DOGECOIN
|It is enjoying a growing community of users
|It not the best transactional currency
|Transactions are smooth and safet
|It has poor technical support
|It can be transacted and traded on decentralised exchanges
|Not as straightforward for non-crypto users
|It is listed in the stock exchange
|It is highly volatile so could lose value
|It acts as an intermediary so no bank details need to be exchange
|Not as widely available as FIAT currencies
|Withdrawals are processed quickly
|Fees are applicable on deposits and withdrawals
Dogecoin is widely available at many crypto casinos licensed and regulated by the Curacao Gaming Control Board. This license may restrict players from some countries, as it is currently one of the very few regulators that allow cryptocurrencies.
Both deposits and withdrawals are easy to process, especially if you have previous experience.
Use the following steps:
- Set up your account
- Select a casino from our list
- Choose Dogecoin as a payment method
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit
- Copy the text wallet address and go to your crypto wallet
- Click on the ‘Send’ function and past the address of the casino
- Go back into your casino account
Dogecoin and Bonuses
Most casino players are after generous online casino bonuses when signing up for a new casino.
Dogecoin casino bonuses are available at most crypto casinos. That said, crypto bonuses are not as frequent as those using FIAT currencies. While the welcome bonus is usually available, cryptocurrencies cannot be used for all casino bonuses.
That said, one of the biggest benefits of this payment method is that many casinos offer crypto-specific bonuses, which would entitle them to cashback deals and special reload bonuses.
The bonuses also come with higher maximum thresholds allowing users to sometimes claim bonuses that are uncapped. This is an ideal option for high rollers who like to make big deposits and claim even bigger bonuses.
Fees When Using Dogecoin for Deposits
There are some fees applicable when seeding Dogecoin to any online casino. These fees are usually minuscule and entail a very small percentage of the money you are sending.
Your crypto wallet is also likely to apply a small fee, which is often the case with mobile wallets. These fees are generally small and won’t affect your bankroll too much.
As always, it is always recommended that you check out the casino’s terms and conditions as well as the Cashier section. There may be some additional fees that strictly pertain to the casino you are signing up to.
Minimum Deposits with Dogecoin
The minimum deposit with Dogecoin is usually casino-specific. Usually, the minimum deposit is 10 DOGE, though this would strictly depend on the casino and if you are planning on claiming a welcome deposit bonus. Welcome bonuses may have a higher minimum deposit threshold.
Have a look at the Payments/Banking Methods page of your chosen crypto casino to get a good overview of what the minimum and maximum thresholds for deposits and withdrawals are.
If there are any fees applicable, you should be able to find this information listed here.
How Fast are Dogecoin Deposits?
Generally, a Dogecoin deposit shows up in your casino account within two to five minutes. This is important to note since the confirmation times tend to vary from one cryptocurrency to another.
Some delays may also be subject to your crypto wallet, which can take a little longer. Research into quick and effective wallets as well as their associated fees may be required.
Cashing out your winnings with DOGE is similar to using any other currency. It is not as complicated as making a deposit. If you have made a deposit using DOGE without any issues, then cashing out is equally as smooth. The minimum withdrawal for Dogecoin varies from one gambling site to another.
Use the following steps:
- Head to your online casino’s withdrawal page
- Select this payment method as a withdrawal option
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw
- Input the address of your Dogecoin wallet
- Approve the withdrawal
Can I Always Make Withdrawals with Dogecoin?
Usually, Dogecoin casinos accept this method both for making deposits and for cashing out your winnings. It is unlikely that a casino will not let you cash out with this method.
In the unlikely scenario that it doesn’t, you can opt for other cryptocurrencies though you should be aware that they are equally as volatile. If you are opting for cryptocurrencies, you should be aware that they may increase or decrease in value by the time the casino has processed your withdrawal.
Once you have found a casino that accepts Dogecoin deposits, it is important that you look closely at other important factors to ensure you have a safe experience. While Dogecoin is very safe as a payment method, you also want to make sure that games are safe and not rigged.
- Valid gambling license: All crypto casinos are generally licensed by the Curacao Gaming Control Board. Some country restrictions are applicable but if you are eligible, check that your chosen casino has a license from this authority.
- Processing Times: This has nothing to do with the speed of DOGE, but rather how long the casino will take to process your withdrawals. With cryptos, withdrawals should be processed within a matter of hours.
- Availability of promotions: If a casino has no relevant promotions to go hand-in-hand with your crypto deposit, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Availability of games: Not all game developers are available at crypto casinos. This is important that if you have a favourite game or developer, it is available at the crypto casino. Look for other available game types as well.
- Fees: Generally crypto casinos do not charge any fees on deposits and withdrawals. As a user, your wallet will already charge you a fee, but check if your chosen casino is also adding another fee on top.
- Terms and conditions: While the above points are all important, knowing that the terms and fair and on your side are also essential. Look for wagering requirements and other terms that could affect you.
If you are not sure if you are ready to opt for Dogecoin or are looking for other payment methods that work along a similar vein, the below alternatives are equally as good options:
- Bitcoin: Bitcoin is the ultimate cryptocurrency that although highly popular, comes with slightly higher fees than Dogecoin. If you want to opt for a safe cryptocurrency, this is a good alternative.
- Skrill: Skrill is not a cryptocurrency, but a digital payments provider. If you are looking for a payment method that acts as an intermediary but without the volatility levels, Skrill is a great option.
- Trustly: Trustly is a leading payment method which allows you to make deposits without sharing your information with the casino.
Buying and selling Dogecoin comes part and parcel with online gambling activity. You need to buy Dogecoin in order to play at casinos.
One big difference between Dogecoin and other cryptos is that withdrawals can be a little more difficult. It is not always the case though and is a problem with some specific sites.
Dogecoin is also worth slightly less than other cryptos, but similar to others, it is subject to fluctuations due to market conditions. The differences are not that significant.
Overall, Dogecoin is a safe and secure payment method that is widely available across many Curacao-licensed casinos.
We have covered in detail all there is to know about Dogecoin. Check out the below most frequently asked questions related to this method.
How do I use Dogecoin to make payments at an online casino?
Making a deposit with Dogecoin is easy and straightforward. It works like other payment methods, except for one key difference. You would need to get the casino’s wallet address and input it into your Dogecoin wallet so it can be transferred securely.
How do I know if I’m playing at a legit Dogecoin online casino?
Look for signs of a valid license, read casino reviews and look at the availability of games. One way of checking if the casino uses SSL encryption technology is by looking for a small padlock icon in your URL section.
Is there a Dogecoin casino bonus?
Many casinos which are not strictly crypto casinos often give away special bonuses for crypto users. These may entail cashback, free spins and reload bonuses.
Are there any fees to pay for using a Dogecoin casino?
Your wallet will charge you a small fee for sending and receiving funds to a casino. Normally, casinos do not charge additional fees on deposits and withdrawals, but there is also an exception to the rule. Read the terms and conditions of any Dogecoin casinos you’re signing up to.
Do all casinos take Dogecoin?
No. Not all casinos accept Dogecoin, but many Curacao-licensed gambling sites that accept other cryptos do.
Casino Payment Specialist
Ryan Spencer is a highly knowledgeable Casino Payment Specialist with expertise in various payment methods in the online gambling industry. He helps players navigate deposit and withdrawal processes, ensuring secure and convenient transactions. Ryan's insights cover e-wallets, credit cards, and other payment options, providing players with the necessary information to make informed decisions. His expertise guarantees a seamless and hassle-free payment experience at online casinos.More info on Ryan Spencer