What does John have to say?
- Lucrative reel modifiers
- 2 different free spins features
- 5,000x your stake max win
- Base game lags compared to bonus rounds
The Faces of Freya Review
Inspired by the enigmatic goddess of love, war and sorcery, Play’n GO have put their heads together to bring out the intriguing The Faces of Freya slot. The game, based on Norse mythology, will take you to the 5×3 reel Folkvang realm where, overseen by the goddess, 2 free spins rounds take place. Your main aim is to make it into the second Folkvang free spins game where all your reel modifiers from the last 3 rounds are combined to impact the concluding round in the best way possible. Step by step, our slot review reveals each feature, helping you prepare for a world of wealth and magic.
|SLOT FEATURES||Free Spins, Extra Wilds, Progressive Wilds, Progressive Multipliers, Symbol Upgrades|
|RELEASE DATE||25 February 2021|
|GAME PROVIDER||Play’n GO|
|SLOT TYPE||Video Slot|
|REELS, ROWS, PAYLINES||5 Reels, 3 Rows, 20 Paylines|
|BET LEVELS||£0.20 – £100|
|MAXIMUM WIN||5,000x Your Stake|
|RETURN TO PLAYER||96.20%|
The Faces of Freya Bonus Features
There are two major bonus features in the game, the regular free spins round and the 4-level Folkvang free spins round. They both use the same reel modifiers like extra wilds, symbol upgrades and win multipliers, but the ultimate climax is in the Folkvang – Finale game. Let’s check it out.
In addition to Freya’s many roles, the game developer has given her a function of a wild symbol in the The Faces of Freya slot. She substitutes for all symbols except scatters and pays 20x your stake for 5 symbols of a kind.
Crafted by dwarfs and possessed by the goddess, a gleaming necklace serves as a scatter symbol. 2-3 scatters activate the game’s regular free spins round but land 4-5 of them and you’ll gain access into the Folkvang bonus round.
If you land 2 or 3 scatter symbols on the same spin, you’ll enter the Spins of Sorcery, Love and War round with 6 free spins. The 3 available options randomly selected for you on the winning spin, command different reel modifiers.
Love spins for example, add 2, 3, 4 or 5 extra wilds to the grid, 1 per reel. War spins award a random 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x and 20x multiplier. The Sorcery spins pick one of the face symbols like axe or board and turn them into the next higher symbol.
Folkvang Free Spins
Land 4-5 scatters and you’ll descend into Folkvang, the optimum 4-level free spins field ruled by the goddess Freya. In consecutive order, you’ll play Sorcery, Love, War and Finale levels using up to 19 free spins in total. Here’s what to expect from each level:
- Folkvang – Sorcery awards 5 free spins with axe symbols already upgraded to wild boars. During the round, hit 3 and 5 scatters to upgrade wild boars to cats and cats to golden torcs.
- Folkvang – Love awards 5 free spins and 2 progressive wilds. Hit 3, 5 and 7 scatters to upgrade wilds to 3, 4, 5.
- Folkvang – War awards 5 free spin and a 2x progressive multiplier. Hitting 3, 5, 7, and 9 scatters during this level will increase multipliers to 3x, 5x, 10x and 20x.
- Folkvang – Finale awards 3 or 4 free spins depending on the triggering scatters used to activate the Folkvang spins feature. Whatever wilds, symbol upgrades and multipliers you’ve achieved during the first 3 levels will be combined and transferred to this round leading you to some possible mega wins.
The Faces of Freya Jackpot
The Faces of Freya doesn’t feature any kind of jackpot, but the max payout can reach a neat and achievable 5,000x your bet win.
RTP and Volatility
Where to Play The Faces of Freya
The Faces of Freya on Mobile
Join the goddess of wealth on your mobile phone or a tablet, and she’ll lead you to the treasures of Norse mythology in a miniature version of the game. The Faces of Freya is fully mobile-optimised for all Android and iOS devices making it easy to play on the go.