Founded in Russia back in 1998, WebMoney has enjoyed incredible growth over the past two decades, establishing itself as one of the most sought-after payment methods in the world. The service finds most of its users in Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia, with the provider’s secure system allowing for transfers in different currencies across the net.
Now, you may have spotted WebMoney as a payment method at online casinos and wondered if this might be the right option for you. Our in-depth guide will tell you all you need to know about this payment method, including fee policy, processing speeds and a thorough list of pros and cons. Read on below to find out more!
Before we start spilling the beans on everything WebMoney, we’ll get you started with a list of online casinos that support the payment provider. Rather than let you wander around the internet looking for a reliable WebMoney casino, we have listed our casino suggestions right here on this page.
WebMoney is an e-wallet solution that has been operating for over 20 years, mainly catering for users in Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia. In 2015, the company was awarded a license by the Financial Conduct Authority, allowing it to issue e-money within the European Economic Area. This widened the provider’s availability and operations, allowing more users to use its services across sites such as online casinos. The solution gives users a safe and secure way to perform transactions across the internet, including deposits and withdrawals from several online casinos. WebMoney promises instant transactions and mobile casino support, allowing you to perform transactions on the go.
|PROS OF WebMoney||CONS OF WebMoney|
|Safe and Secure – With over 20 years of experience, WebMoney has built a reputation as one of the most secure providers around. The service uses the latest in SSL encryption data to ensure all of your transactions are fully protected.||Fees – WebMoney adds a fee onto all of its transactions, including those made to and from an online casino.|
|Instant Transactions – As a leading e-wallet solution, WebMoney ensures that all transactions are performed at lightning-fast speeds, so you can wait less and play more.||Limited Availability –Even though WebMoney has increased its user base beyond these initial borders, it is still not one of the most popular providers in the west.|
|Credit Card Support – Apart from using WebMoney directly as a payment method, you’re also able to use credit/debit cards that have been associated with your WebMoney account.||Restricted Support – Although WebMoney is accepted at various online casinos, the payment provider is not supported in several countries, including the USA.|
|Mobile Compatibility – WebMoney is available for use on both Android and iOS devices, so you can perform instant transactions on the go, no matter what device you’re using.|
You’ll first brush shoulders with WebMoney at an online casino when placing a deposit. We all know how tedious these processes can be but luckily, depositing with WebMoney is as fast as it is secure. We’ll walk you through the simple steps you’ll need to take to make your very first WebMoney deposit.
- Set up your account – First and foremost, you’ll have to be registered with WebMoney. The service is fairly simple to sign up for. A few clicks on WebMoney’s app will have you signed up in no time, with your fresh new account ready for action.
- Select a casino from our list – Have a good look at our list of top WebMoney online casinos above. All of these sites fit in line with our online casino standards at JohnSlots and you should have a great time playing at every one of the list options.
- Choose WebMoney as a payment method – After having signed up for your online casino of choice, you’ll be asked to pick a payment solution and make a deposit. Make sure you pick WebMoney as your preference to continue with this process.
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit – Almost there! You just need to input the exact amount you’d like to deposit into your online casino account.
- Enter your account details and click confirm – You’ll be presented with the WebMoney login page. Simply enter your login details and confirm your account.
- Return to your casino account – Once the account details have been verified, you’ll be returned to the online casino page. Here, the deposit process is completed, and you can get started on your favourite online casino game.
WebMoney and Bonuses
Online casino bonuses are a staple part of the experience, with some sites even tailoring bonuses to a specific payment method. Although WebMoney can be used to claim most available bonuses, it’s very rare to find specific bonuses that have been built around the provider. In other cases, payment methods are sometimes barred from claiming bonus offers. This is very uncommon for WebMoney, and the payment method can be used to claim a lot of offers on the net. Sometimes, players must enter a bonus code when making a deposit. This varies from one casino to another. Always check the bonus terms and conditions to look out for any codes that might need to be entered.
Fees When Using WebMoney for Deposits
One of WebMoney’s biggest drawbacks is its fee policy. The payment provider has a standard 0.8% fee placed on all transactions. That includes all deposits and withdrawals that you might place using the service. If you choose to use one of the credit or debit cards that you have connected to the account, then the fee is raised to 2.5% instead. Of course, on top of this, some online casinos charge their fees, which can make the whole thing pretty unfeasible. Always check the site’s terms and conditions to make sure the imposed fees are adequate.
Minimum Deposits with WebMoney
WebMoney asks players to make deposits at a minimum of £10. This rule is applied across the board, although in some cases the online casino’s policy takes over. Online casinos set their very own minimum deposit rules and these override WebMoney’s regulations. As such, online casinos can choose to set a minimum deposit requirement above £10, and players simply need to stick to that. You can check these requirements in the online casino’s terms and conditions.
How Fast are WebMoney Deposits?
We all hope for a smooth deposit process that allows us to start playing immediately. Like many e-wallets, WebMoney push for instant deposits, wasting no time in transferring funds and allowing you to get on with playing instantly. In some cases, online casinos might delay the transaction, so it can take up to a maximum of 24 hours to complete. This varies from one site to another.
If you complete the deposit and the money still isn’t transferred after 24 hours, be sure to raise the issue with the casino’s customer support.
We all love the feeling of withdrawing our very own winnings at an online casino. WebMoney aims to make that process quick and simple. You’ll need to make a minimum withdrawal of £5 and this takes around 2 – 4 days to process. The withdrawal speed may also vary from one casino to another, but it will generally be within this timeframe. As previously mentioned, a 0.8% fee is placed on all withdrawals, with an additional 2.5% fee if you use any connected credit cards.
Follow these simple steps to withdraw your winnings using WebMoney.
- Head to your online casino’s withdrawal page.
- Select WebMoney as a withdrawal option.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw. This must be over £5.
- Approve the withdrawal.
Can I Always Make Withdrawals with WebMoney?
In some cases, online casinos might only support WebMoney in making deposits. Although this can be pretty annoying considering most people like to use the same method for both deposits and withdrawals, there are still other options you can consider. Online casinos tend to support a wide selection of e-wallets, debit cards and bank transfer options, so you can still withdraw your winnings using an alternative provider.
We want you to rest easy, knowing that the online casinos we recommend offer the very best experience. Whenever we compile lists of top online casino choices, we vet a wide array of sites in several key areas. From bonuses to game libraries, payment providers and more, we look out for the following elements when selecting our top picks.
- Security and Licences – Our players must be able to trust the sites they play at, so we make sure our top picks are trustworthy secure online casinos. We make sure that our recommendations have trusted gaming licenses to back them up, while also pushing for top encryption security across all data transactions.
- Promotional Offers – We want you to be able to enjoy the very best promotional offers on the net. That’s why our recommended casino must offer good bonuses across the board. This includes low wagering requirements, fair expiry periods and reasonable max bet and max win caps.
- Customer Support – Players need to know that they are supported by the site they’re playing at. We do a thorough check of an online casino’s customer service, including FAQ sections, as well as email and live chat support. Online casinos that offer 24/7 support score extra points.
- Game Library – When looking at an online casino’s game library we consider both the quantity and the quality of the games available. Our top picks have their libraries stocked with titles from some of the best providers in the business, giving players high-quality experiences across the video slot, table game and live casino genres.
- Payment Methods – Last but certainly not least, a good online casino must give players a good selection of payment providers to choose from. Our preferred online casinos give players the option to choose from e-wallets, credit cards and bank transfers.
As an e-wallet solution WebMoney promises players a smooth, fast, and secure experience. Of course, there are plenty of similar options to choose from, including the following.
- PayPal – Possibly the most famous e-wallet solution, PayPal handles all of your transactions with ease and is supported at most online casinos.
- Apple Pay – Apple’s very own payment solution is a safe and secure e-wallet solution, even if it is limited to the company’s devices.
- Skrill – A widely accepted e-wallet that provides safe and secure transactions, Skrill is offered at a lot of online casinos.
- Klarna – The popular payment method is available at a select number of online casinos.
- Zimpler – Offered at many online casinos, Zimpler is an e-wallet solution that caters for both deposits and withdrawals.
With over 20 years of experience behind it, WebMoney is a reliable e-wallet solution for your online casino needs. Sure, the provider’s fees may be slightly off-putting, but WebMoney makes up for it with instant transactions and robust security features that take care of both your withdrawals and deposits.
Still, have more burning questions about using WebMoney at online casinos? Check out the answers to some of the most popular questions.
How do I use WebMoney to make payments at an online casino?
When playing at an online casino that supports WebMoney, you can select the payment provider when making a deposit. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How do I know if I’m playing at a legit WebMoney online casino?
Legitimate online casinos come with trusted gaming licenses such as the UKGC and MGA. Always look out for these licenses when looking for a trusted place to play. You can also pick a casino from our list of recommendations. All of the included sites are legitimate and trustworthy.
Is there a WebMoney casino bonus?
Specific WebMoney casino bonuses can be very rare to find, but the payment provider can claim most online casino bonuses on the net.
Are there any fees to pay for using a WebMoney casino?
Yes, WebMoney places a 0.8% fee on all of its transactions. There might also be additional fees imposed by the casinos themselves.
Do all casinos take WebMoney?
No, not all casinos accept WebMoney. Refer to the online casino’s payments page to see their list of supported providers or simply pick an online casino from the list we provided.
Casino Payment Specialist
Ryan Spencer is a highly knowledgeable Casino Payment Specialist with expertise in various payment methods in the online gambling industry. He helps players navigate deposit and withdrawal processes, ensuring secure and convenient transactions. Ryan's insights cover e-wallets, credit cards, and other payment options, providing players with the necessary information to make informed decisions. His expertise guarantees a seamless and hassle-free payment experience at online casinos.More info on Ryan Spencer