Out of all the online casinos in the UK, those that offer the PayPal payment option are way ahead of those that don’t. Due to high-security levels, instant deposits and fast withdrawals, PayPal is preferred as a payment option by many casino players in the UK and the rest of the world.
On this page, you’ll find player-friendly information about PayPal casinos, from setting up your personal PayPal account to making payments and withdrawals using PayPal. You’ll also learn the pros and cons and what to look out for when choosing the best PayPal casino sites.
Please note: Due to new UK regulations, online casinos licensed by the Gambling Commission will not be able to process PayPal payments where funds have been deposited via credit card. This ban comes into force on April 14th 2020 and does not apply to debit cards.
Play for Real Money – Find a PayPal Casino at JohnSlots!
At JohnSlots we love reviewing online casinos so that you can choose the best site for you. Our casino experts take each casino review seriously and follow our strict guidelines to determine whether or not it will make it to our top-rated casinos’ list.
TOPICS ON THIS PAGE
When reviewing PayPal casinos, we consider everything including comparing welcome bonus offers, promotions, games collections and more. Here are the main criteria we use to evaluate each PayPal casino.
- Casino Licence
We only recommend those PayPal casinos that are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission for a safe and secure gambling experience.
- Games Collection
We strive to offer you only those PayPal casinos that offer a high-quality games library including the most popular slots, jackpots, table and live dealer games.
- Bonuses and promotions
We compare bonuses and promotions so that you don’t have to spend your time doing it. On our site, you’re only one click away from some of the best casino bonuses.
- Customer care support
We care about your gambling experience and offer only those casinos that have a friendly, professional and real customer support team behind the scenes. No bots!
In this PayPal payments guide, you can find:
Why Should You Play at Casinos with PayPal?
PayPal is one of the most convenient and popular e-wallets used as a payment method at many online casinos not only in the UK but across the world. Alongside speedy banking, it also comes with a highly encrypted online platform, making it an extra safe funding option for any casino player.
To better illustrate why you should play at PayPal online casinos, we’ve put together the below table of pros and cons of PayPal payments. We’ve also elaborated each point further down this guide.
|PROS OF PAYPAL PAYMENTS
||CONS OF PAYPAL PAYMENTS
|Fast Deposits & Withdrawals
||Welcome bonus restrictions
||Slow customer support
Advantages of using PayPal
- Convenience – Connecting PayPal to your existing bank account or debit card is quick and easy.
- Anonymity – You don’t need to share your bank and card details directly with the casino.
- Deposits and withdrawals – Depending on the casino, both PayPal deposits and withdrawals can be very fast.
- Mobile-friendly – You can deposit and withdraw on the go. The PayPal mobile app works just as well as the desktop version.
- Security – Due to strict terms of service, PayPal is considered to be one of the safest online casino payment methods.
- Availability – PayPal is widely accepted at the UK online casinos.
Disadvantages of using PayPal
- Frozen account – Due to suspicious behavior detected by the PayPal algorithms, your account may be suspended at any time, resulting in frozen funds.
- Additional fees – You might need to pay extra fees for your casino transactions.
- Scams – As a PayPal customer, you’re at risk of becoming a victim of scams and phishing emails. Be vigilant and never give out any of your sensitive information.
- Welcome bonus restrictions – Depending on the casino, you may be excluded from the welcome bonus offer when depositing with PayPal.
- Withdrawal restrictions – Not all PayPal online casinos support withdrawals via this payment method.
- Slow customer support – It may take time for the PayPal customer care support to get back to you regarding your online casino transaction queries.
How to set up a PayPal Account
Creating a personal PayPal account and linking it to your debit card is easy and it’s free. Simply follow the below steps:
- Go to PayPal.com and click on the sign up button.
- Select Personal Account. This will allow you to send and receive money online.
- Enter your email address and create a strong password.
- Fill out your personal details such as your full name, residential address, and mobile number.
- Read the terms and conditions and check the box.
- Click the Agree and Create Account button.
- Link your debit card with your newly created account by entering your card details and billing address.
- That’s all! You’re ready to deposit at your favourite PayPal casino.
How to Make a PayPal Deposit at an Online Casino
PayPal might not be available at all online casinos yet, but the number of casinos supporting this secure and convenient e-wallet is rapidly increasing in the UK.
Therefore, it’s fast becoming one of the players’ favourite choices when it comes to funding an online casino account. Mainly because it offers instant deposits and speedy withdrawals. But there are several other important things you need to know before depositing with PayPal such as funding limitations, fees and bonuses.
Before we tuck into more details about online casinos that accept PayPal deposits, you’ll need to add sufficient funds into your new casino account.
Use the following steps:
- Select a PayPal casino from our top UK online casinos list and create an account.
- Head to the cashier in your chosen casino’s banking area and select the deposit option.
- From the list of payments, select PayPal as your preferred funding method.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit into your account. At some casinos, at this stage, you’ll also have a chance to enter a special bonus code, if provided by the casino.
- Then, you’ll be taken to a new PayPal login window, where you’ll be asked to log in to your PayPal account. You can do so by using your email and password or, if you are depositing at a mobile casino, you can enter your phone number and a 4 digit PIN.
- Next, select your payment to come from your PayPal account balance (or other payment methods if you wish).
- To finalise your deposit, you’ll need to agree to terms and conditions and hit the confirm button. Once you fill out all the details, you should automatically be redirected back to the casino with fresh funds in your new account.
PayPal and bonuses
Unlike the other two popular e-wallets, Neteller and Skrill, you are eligible for a welcome bonus at the majority of casinos with PayPal deposit options.
To claim your welcome bonus or any other casino bonus offer such as free spins, bonus spins or cash bonuses, some gambling sites may ask you to enter special bonus codes. These are usually easy to spot on their website and can appear in the initial bonus ad.
If there’s a bonus code, note it down, head to the cashier and enter it in the space provided after you’ve selected your minimum deposit. Although the process of entering the code may vary from site to site, you’ll always find clear instructions in the bonus terms.
Are there payment fees for PayPal deposits?
Most UK casinos do not charge transaction fees for PayPal deposits but there might be occasions where you will incur extra fees, depending on the casino.
Beware that PayPal also reserves the right to charge fees so it’s always best to check their terms of service. For example, fees can occur when you’re using a debit card or there are currency exchanges involved.
Minimum deposits with PayPal
The most common minimum deposits at PayPal casinos range from £10 – £20 and vary from casino to casino. It’s always a good idea to check the casino’s banking page to find out the different limits and choose the best for you.
In cases where the minimum deposit using PayPal isn’t clearly stated, you’ll most likely find it in the casino’s terms and conditions or FAQs page. But almost always, once you sign up with the casino, you’ll see the minimum amount indicated in the cashier section within your player account.
How fast are PayPal deposits?
Speedy deposits are one of the reasons why PayPal is such a popular casino funding choice among UK players. They are almost always instant and can appear in your casino account within seconds. This, however, depends on the casino, therefore, always take a sneak peek at their banking or FAQs pages for full details.
In instances when you don’t see your funds in your new casino account, you should check your PayPal balance first and see if the money has left your account. If it has, contact the casino’s customer support team for help.
If your money hasn’t left your PayPal account, the first thing you should do is check if you’ve provided the casino with the correct details. If the answer is yes, again get in touch with the casino’s customer support team for assistance.
How to Make a PayPal Withdrawal at an Online Casino
Before we look at the ins and outs of PayPal cashouts, let’s get to grips with the online casino PayPal withdrawal process itself. Just like deposits, withdrawals via PayPal are fast and straightforward.
To withdraw your winnings via PayPal, use the following steps:
- Log in to your casino account.
- Navigate to the cashier page in your account.
- Choose the withdrawal option.
- Assuming you’ve deposited your funds via PayPal, you’ll be greeted with PayPal as your default withdrawal option (we’ll cover what to do if PayPal withdrawal is not an option further down the line).
- Click on the PayPal payment method and enter the amount you wish to withdraw. At this stage, note the minimum withdrawal amount which should be indicated on the screen.
- Click the submit button and wait for a message giving your withdrawal details to appear on the screen.
- Read the message to make sure that the information and the amount you are withdrawing is correct. If so, hit the OK button to approve the transaction.
- Depending on the casino, if this is your first-ever withdrawal with the casino, you might be asked to submit additional paperwork to prove your identity before your withdrawal request can be processed.
Can I always withdraw using PayPal?
While some online casinos allow deposits with PayPal, not all of them support withdrawals via this banking option or impose various withdrawal restrictions. Therefore, you should always check this information before depositing.
If you deposited via PayPal at a casino which doesn’t offer PayPal withdrawals, you can still cash out using the other payment methods on offer at the casino. Be aware that you may not be allowed to withdraw any bonus money.
Are there payment fees for PayPal withdrawals?
Although many top-rated PayPal online casinos do not charge any fees for withdrawals via PayPal, some casinos may charge you a withdrawal handling fee. Always check the casino’s banking page to avoid disappointment.
Minimum withdrawals with PayPal
As with the minimum deposit, the minimum withdrawal amount varies from site to site. It usually fluctuates between £10 – £20 and you will not be allowed to make any smaller transactions below this limit.
How fast are PayPal withdrawals?
Unlike many other payment methods, such as bank cards and bank transfers, the popularity of PayPal is down to its speedy processing times. Most UK online casinos offer swift PayPal withdrawals which can take as little as 24 hours to process.
As mentioned earlier, the process might take longer if this is your first time making a PayPal withdrawal request due to the requirement for your identity to be verified by the casino. After it’s been approved, PayPal withdrawals will be smooth sailing from there onwards.
Be mindful that not all online casinos offer such fast cashouts via PayPal. Checking out the casino’s banking page will give you a good idea of what timescales to expect.
Best Online Casinos that Accept PayPal in 2021
You’ll find many online casinos in the UK that offer PayPal as a payment method and yet, not all of them are equally good. Some may offer PayPal deposits and at the same time, deny withdrawals. Others may add extra fees or exclude bonuses.
To help you out, here are 5 top things to look out for when choosing your best PayPal online casino:
- Instant deposits – Many online casinos that take PayPal, offer instant payments. You’ll want to avoid online casino sites that take days for your funds to appear in your account.
- Fast withdrawals – Some of the best PayPal casino sites are those that support easy and fast cashouts. Fast payouts shouldn’t take longer than 24 hours to process, providing it’s not your first time requesting a withdrawal.
- No extra fees – Before choosing the best online casinos that accept PayPal, it’s important to check the fees attached to the payment methods. If possible, you want to pick sites that do not charge any additional fees for both PayPal deposits and withdrawals.
- Casino bonuses – While most online casinos in the UK offer welcome bonuses, some online casinos that accept PayPal may exclude players from claiming the perks if they deposit via e-wallets. Always read the bonus terms to make sure that you can claim all the bonuses available to get the most out of your casino experience.
- Deposit and withdrawal limits – Choose casinos that accept PayPal based on your gambling style. Ideally, you’ll want to play at those casinos that can offer a good range of depositing and withdrawal limits. You’ll also want to check if there are any time restrictions such as daily or monthly withdrawals. Every online casino has its payments limits clearly stated in their bonus terms so be sure to check them before playing.
Similar Payment Methods to PayPal
In case you’re wondering what are the alternative online casino payment methods to PayPal, we’ve listed three counterparts that are accepted at the majority casinos in the UK.
While they are all supported by many online casinos and have the advantage of instant deposits, these payment methods, unfortunately, cannot be used to withdraw funds.
Also, unlike PayPal, you’ll almost always be excluded from claiming casino bonuses if you choose to deposit with these payment methods, especially Skrill and Neteller.
Play at a PayPal Casino and Enjoy the Rewards!
Online casinos that accept PayPal for both deposits and withdrawals, hold an advantage over those that don’t offer this option. Even though PayPal might come with certain flaws, it’s still one of the best payment methods you can use at an online casino right now. By playing at a PayPal casino you’ll be guaranteed anonymity, instant deposits and fast withdrawals. Plus, depending on the casino terms, casino bonuses too.
Learn More About PayPal Casino Sites (FAQs)
Check out the PayPal casino FAQs below in case you have any more questions about online casino sites that allow PayPal payments.
Do I need to set up a PayPal account before using a PayPal casino?
Yes, you’ll need to open a PayPal account which you’ll then have to link with your bank account or your debit card. The process is easy and only takes a few minutes to complete.
How do I know if I’m playing at a legit online PayPal casino?
All our recommended online casinos are legitimate, but if you’re unsure about another casino then check their licence. If the casino is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, the gambling site is safe to play at.
Is there a PayPal casino bonus?
Yes, many online sites offer casino bonuses to players who deposit with PayPal, sometimes even exclusive bonuses which you can claim by entering a special bonus code. But you should always check the bonus terms and make sure players who deposit with e-wallets are not omitted from bonuses altogether.
Are there any transaction fees to pay at a PayPal casino?
It’s rare, but some casinos may charge you a payment handling fee around 2%. Also, PayPal reserves the right to charge you fees for various transactions, therefore, be sure to check their terms of service.
Do all casinos take PayPal?
The number of online casinos that take PayPal is rapidly increasing, but not all casinos currently support this payment method.
Check out more casino payments methods right here!