UK only. Win up to 500 Free Spins from Mega Wheel on 1st deposit. 24-hour expiry. Max bet £2.50, max spins win £8 per 10 spins, max bonus win £150, selected games & 65x wagering on winnings. No neteller/skrill. Deposit/withdrawal fees apply. Full T&Cs apply.
On this page, you’ll read about:
- Casino reviews
- Casino qualities
- Getting started
- New players
- Casino benefits
- Best casinos
- Online vs land
- Online casino news
- Did you know?
We’ve got plenty of opinions at JohnSlots, but that’s not what our readers care about. Instead, we focus on providing high quality, unbiased online casino reviews to bring all the facts so you can make your own mind up. We’ve got a pretty solid process to do this, and there’s no small detail left unturned by the time we’re done with it. Here’s a look at how we determine our online casino ratings.
- Firstly, we don’t expect you to be reading pages and pages of reviews to get to the good stuff. We sort through hundreds of online casinos to make sure we only show you those we deem to be trustworthy and safe, and that bring you legitimate offers and policies. Our casino toplists don’t just include anyone, and to make it to JohnSlots a casino must prove it’s up to our players’ standards. So our first step is to work out which casinos we’re actually going to review.
- Then, our team of casino review experts gets on the job. No one knows casino better than these guys – they’ve been professionally writing about casinos since the industry began. They know their bonuses, they know their terms and conditions, and they know what makes a great casino experience – and they’re also not afraid to point out a casino’s faults.
- Our review team will go through every element of the casino meticulously – from the payment processes to the customer support experience, to the registration process. Our team basically tries to put themselves in the shoes of the player, and thinks to themselves “what would I want to know if I was playing at this casino?”.
- Once the review is written and the casino is rated, the article will appear on our toplists. You’ll be able to easily click the ‘Visit Casino’ button to directly access the casino’s homepage and take advantage of their welcome offer
In an industry as competitive as the online casino industry, you might be surprised at how much the level of quality can vary. And at JohnSlots, we’ve seen our fair share of bad casinos, so we know exactly what it takes to create a great one. We assess each casino on more than 50 criteria to make sure we only bring you the best. Here are the main things we’re looking for:
- Welcome offer: It’s not just about the offer itself, but the terms and conditions linked to it. We’re on the lookout for great offers with fair wagering requirements, so you don’t get off on the wrong foot
- Registration process: We’ve registered for more online casinos to last a lifetime, and we know the process doesn’t need to be difficult. Some regulations might mean you need to provide more detailed information, but we also know that any casino that asks for your grandmother’s cousin’s friend’s maiden name is not a good casino
- Promotions: A good casino may have a good welcome offer, but a great casino will keep the fun going with regular promotions and offers to keep you coming back
- Payment methods: We’re like you: we also don’t want to spend our hard-earned money on dodgy websites. And that’s what we know a great casino will offer a variety of safe and trusted payment methods to help you feel comfortable keying in your credit card details
- Slots & Casino games: Not all casinos offer all the same games – and we’re on the lookout for casinos that offer big game selections with all the top providers. After all, a casino is no good to us without the best and most popular of slots
- Game developers: Speaking of, there are loads of software providers out there now, each offering different gaming experiences. Ideally, a great casino will offer games from a wide variety of game developers, so you can be spoilt for choice when you play
- Mobile-friendly: We no longer live in a world where we rely on desktop computers, and any good casino should know this. A great casino will offer the full casino experience in a high quality mobile version, so you can play on the go
- Customer support: Round-the-clock support can often be the thing that separates a great casino from an okay one. Sure, we’d love to think that you won’t need to get in touch with support… but just in case something doesn’t go to plan, we like to make sure there’s an efficient support team in place
- VIP: Due to regulations, a casino might not necessarily advertise their VIP programme… but they’re still going on behind the scenes to offer loyal players rewards. We always try to suss out the situation from all our top casinos to see what the deal is and how you can become a part of it all
By now we hope you understand that here at JohnSlots, we bring you all the information you need to have a fantastic online casino experience. But that still leaves a lot of choices – and there are plenty of places you could start. So we’ve broken things down even further to help make it easier to choose the best online casino for you.
Here, you’ll find the casinos we have most recently reviewed. These new casinos could be either new and already of a high standard, or they could be existing casinos that have recently revamped themselves to meet our standards and earn a place in our toplists.
Live casino games and more authentic casino experiences are offered at most online casinos. But for players who enjoy the live casino experience over other games, we’ve grouped together the top casinos that specialise in live dealer games.
Most casinos these days will offer their experience across both mobile and desktop. But some casinos have actually thought ahead and optimised their site for the smaller screen. If you’re someone who prefers to play anytime, anywhere, we recommend playing at one of our speciality mobile casinos for an optimal experience.
Whether you’re in the loop or not, UK players sometimes face slightly different casino rules and experiences, due to the UK Gambling Commission. This is one of the strictest regulatory bodies in the world, and means that obtaining a UK licence can be something of a gold standard for casino operators.
All UK casinos in our toplists are compliant with the UKGC in every form, and we’ll only bring you UK casinos that are completely legitimate.
As a new player at any online casino, you’ll need to go through a strict process before the fun can begin. Online casinos are becoming increasingly concerned about things like responsible gambling, anti-money laundering and anti-underage gambling, and they’ll just want to make sure they know a bit more about you before you get started.
It’s nothing scary or difficult, it’s simply a matter of answering a few questions and possibly supplying a couple of easy-to-find documents. Here’s a look at what to expect.
- Opening your account: This is the easy part, and really just requires details like your name, age, address, email and phone number. It should only take a few minutes
- Identifying information: Your casino may ask you to prove your identity by supplying them with a copy of a recent utility bill with your name and address (issued within three months), a copy of your passport or driver’s licence, and proof that you own the credit card you’re playing with. It’s pretty easy to scan these documents in, and all of the casinos on our toplists are trusted and totally safe to share your information with
- KYC (Know Your Customer): This process is more for UK customers, and involves providing information to prove your source of funds or wealth. This can be easily done with payslips or bank statements, and often you won’t have to do it until you start requesting withdrawals. It’s really not as hard as it sounds, and it’s just so the casino can make sure you’re playing with legitimate funds
- Age requirements: Just like if you were to go to a pub, the legal gambling age is determined by the location you’re playing in. Pretty much all casinos impose an age limit of 18+, but if the minimum age is higher in the country you’re playing from, you’ll be asked to prove your date of birth before you can start
- Responsible gambling: To make sure you’re always playing within your means, most casinos have a responsible gambling team in place. These guys may check in from time to time if your playing habits change – and they’re really there for you to make sure you’re still having fun and not getting yourself into trouble. Don’t get offended if you’re approached by a responsible gambling agent, since they’ve only got your best interests at heart.
We talk a lot about which online casinos to play at – but the real question is, why should you play at online casinos at all? Well, we can give you plenty of reasons:
- Convenience: You can enjoy the full casino experience (and arguably more) without ever leaving the house
- Progressive jackpots: There are huge network prizes to be won at online casinos, and some of these have even made the Guinness Book of World Records. One win that comes to mind is the £13.2 million jackpot on Mega Moolah, which Jonathan Haywood from Cheshire scored in October 2015
- Promotions: If you’re subscribed to emails from your online casino, they’ll send you regular offers and promotions to play with for the chance to win even more prizes
- VIP programmes: As a regular player, you’ll soon join the ranks of a casino’s loyalty programme, where you’ll be rewarded with offers of extra bonuses, personal account managers, faster payments and more
- Anytime play: At a land-based casino, you might have to wait a while before you get to play the games you want. But online, there’s never a queue – every online slots game you want to play is at your fingertips
- All in one place: Many online casinos offer multiple products like sports betting, poker and more – so you can mix things up without ever having to move. You won’t find an experience quite like that at any land-based venue!
- Mobile play: You know those moments when you’re bored on the train or awkwardly waiting for a friend to show up? You can now be playing for real money with a mobile casino experience. Play anytime, anywhere by simply opening up your favourite online casino on your mobile
This is the question we get asked the most and it’s also the hardest to answer. We’ve got a lot of top casino sites that we recommend to our readers, and it’s hard to narrow it down to just a few best casinos. What you regard as the best online casino really comes down to preference, since each vary in what they offer and how they present it.
In saying that, we have achieved the difficult task of selecting our top 5 online casinos – have a look and see if you agree.
They’re one of the most popular sports betting sites around – but Betfair has come to be one of the best casino sites on the market too. They’re a trusted gaming experience that knows exactly what players are looking for, offering plenty of regular promotions, a generous welcome offer, more than 300 slots and more.
Karamba was always one of our top casinos, but their recent revamp of the site has pushed them higher in our books. A quirky and colourful casino site, Karamba offers all the new slots from top providers, fun new promotions and a stellar VIP programme.
Taking the title of “King of Mobile Casino”, LeoVegas has been one of the top casinos since the beginning. They don’t focus too much on offering bonuses and promotions, but rather offering a superior mobile platform that you can enjoy anywhere, anytime.
Vera & John
Another casino that’s been on our radar for quite some time, Vera & John is one of the big-time players in the industry. And it’s not by luck – they’ve got there by offering fun, fresh promotions, the latest and best of new casino games, daily jackpots, live casino and everything in between.
There are plenty of safe and trusted online casinos to play at – and the good news for you is that they’re all here at JohnSlots. We only bring you casinos that we would play at ourselves, and we’ve already done the groundwork into making sure these casinos are 100% legitimate in what they claim to offer. Here are some of the elements we take into consideration:
Your location will determine whether or not it’s legal to play at an online casino, and this will change depending on the licences a casino holds. In most countries it’s perfectly okay to gamble, but of course there are the odd exceptions. To keep things safe and legal, we recommend accessing the casinos directly from JohnSlots.
In recent years we’ve seen many countries regulate the online casino industry, most notably the UK. The UK Gambling Commission now exists to protect players from the UK, and means that to operate in the market, casinos must adhere to very strict rules.
More and more countries around Europe are also beginning to regulate, with Sweden being the most recent. The Swedish regulations are actually so strict that many online casinos have ceased to offer their services to players.
Malta was one of the first countries in Europe to regulate, which is why many online casino headquarters are based there. A licence from the Maltese Gaming Authority allows a casino to operate in any unregulated market.
At JohnSlots, we only bring you casinos that hold a licence in the respective markets they operate in, so you can rest assured that you’ll always be playing in line with the law.
The internet has revolutionised the casino experience, and it’s no surprise that online gaming has quickly overtaken land-based casinos.
Players now have access to all gaming experiences at their fingertips, and along with plenty of other benefits, the main advantage of being able to play anywhere, anytime really takes the cake. Let’s have a look at why online casinos have become a popular choice amongst players around the world.
1. Play anytime, anywhere
No longer do you have to wait for casinos to open their doors – online casinos are available to you around the clock. You don’t have to dress up, you don’t have to commute and you certainly don’t have to bother with noisy crowds.
Online casinos allow you to play from the comfort of wherever you are, and you’re in complete control of how and when you play.
2. Play on the go
Additionally, most (if not all) online casinos offer the complete experience on mobile devices. That means saying goodbye to boredom and hello to entertainment, wherever you may be. From slot games to table games, live casino games and sports betting, you can now partake in your favourite gaming experiences on the go from your smartphone.
3. Play within your means
At a land-based casino, you’ll meet many competitive characters who might encourage you to bet more than you’re willing. But at an online casino, you’re flying solo, which means you’re able to pick your price point, play the way you want to, and keep things at a comfortable level – all the while avoiding queues.
4. Play for free
One of the greatest benefits of online casinos is that often you can play the games for free before depositing real money. You won’t bring in real money wins that way of course, but you’ll be able to get a feel for the games and see what you like before spending your hard-earned money.
5. Play with free money
At a land-based casino, they might offer you a free drink here or there to keep you happy. But they’ll rarely offer you free money to play with.
At an online casino, on the other hand, you’ll constantly be presented with fun offers and promotions to keep you playing and give you extra chances to win. You’ll also kick things off with a welcome bonus to maximise your first deposit, which is always a great way to start. Just make sure to read the wagering requirements to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
6. Play with more games
Not only will you not have to queue to play your favourite games at an online casino, you’ll also have access to everything you could possibly imagine. Slot games, table games like roulette, black and more are all widely available for you to play anytime. And the best part is that you won’t have to move a muscle!
7. Play with more bonuses and promotions
The one thing online casinos can readily offer you that land-based casinos struggle with is promotions. From tournaments to reload bonuses, leaderboards and more, the nature of the online casino industry means it’s much easier to participate in all sorts of promotions… which means you’ve got more chances to come out a winner.
When we say we’re the ultimate online casino guide, we’re not kidding around – we offer everything from reviews to tips and tricks, and more importantly, online casino news. This industry is always changing and there are always new events, features and promotions on the go. We strive to cover any and all of it, and you’ll find all the latest online casino news here in one place.
Have a look at our news page to read more about anything iGaming related. Whatever the news is, you’ll read it here first!
We pride ourselves on being the most comprehensive online casino guide out there, and we’re here for you, the players. Whatever you need to know about online casinos and whatever questions you have, you can rely on us for factual and up-to-date information.
Which online casino has the best payouts?
This isn’t so much a matter of online casinos having the best payouts, but a matter of online casinos having the best games. Some of the highest-paying games out there are the progressive jackpot slots, so look out for casinos that offer these games from providers like NetEnt, Microgaming and Red Tiger.
Which online casino is the safest?
All of the online casinos that we recommend on our site are all 100% safe and secure. There are many more online casinos out there than what you’ll find at JohnSlots… but if you stay with a JohnSlots-recommended online casino, you can rest assured that you’ll be playing with one of the best.
Who do I complain to about an online casino?
If you have a complaint about an online casino, the first step to take would be to contact the casino directly. We only work with casinos that offer comprehensive customer support, so you should be able to raise your complaint with the casino easily.
If you don’t get the response you’re looking for, you can also contact the respective authority for the country you’re playing from, for example, the UK Gambling Commission if you’re in the UK.
We’d also love to know more about your experiences, so please feel free to connect with us on Facebook.
Can I win real money at online casinos?
You absolutely can win real money at online casinos, provided you’re playing with real money and also by the rules. Any good casino (including all those found on JohnSlots) ensure that all play conducted on their site is random and fair. So while winning may not be a regular occurrence, it absolutely is possible.
Which casino has the fastest withdrawal?
Again, we only work with online casinos with good payment processes, so most of our online casinos offer competitive withdrawal times. This tends to be around the 24 to 48 hour mark.
Has anyone won big at an online casino?
Indeed they have, and the biggest wins are often found on progressive jackpot slots. We’re talking wins in the multi-millions, and sometimes the stories behind the wins are incredible. Real people win really big prizes all the time – have a read of some of the biggest jackpot winners to date.
How do you withdraw money from an online casino?
Withdrawing money from an online casino is generally pretty straightforward, and it’s generally quite easy to find the information you need at your respective casino.
Often a minimum withdrawal will apply, along with wagering requirements you’ll need to complete before making a request. You’ll also sometimes need to supply the casino with identifying documents, but the casino will walk you through this when the time comes.
Can I play for free at an online casino?
Absolutely! Most online casinos allow you to play a huge selection of their games and slots with fun money so you can get an idea of how it all works. We recommend doing this before making a deposit, since it’s a great way to find out what you like without spending money.