Deposit quickly and safely at any Boku casino using your mobile. Fast becoming one of the most popular payment methods at the best online casinos, this mobile payment processing company allows instant deposits for all UK players.
This page will take you through all the main aspects of how you can fund your casino account via your phone bill using Boku. It will also give you an insight into the top online casinos that accept Boku and what to look out for when joining them.
Find a Boku Casino at JohnSlots!
Finding online casinos that accept Boku is easy with JohnSlots. Below you’ll find a list of Boku casino sites handpicked by our casino buffs who love to find, review and rate these sites:
Our dedicated casino team knows what it’s like to play at a shady online casino and will never suggest that you sign up with one. Instead, we only rate legitimate casinos that are safe and sound for you to join.
Our rating depends heavily on the casino’s bonuses, including welcome offers and other promotions. You’ll be glad to know that many top Boku casino sites come with varied offers that include anything from free spins to cashback and more.
Playing at a Boku casino is no different than playing at any other respectable casino. Therefore, the slots selection matters too. Once you go over our casino reviews, you’ll see that many of our highest rated casino sites have a wide range of classic and video slots as well as table games and live casino tables.
There are more criteria that we use to find the best Boku casino sites which we will share with you later on. But most importantly, we never stop looking for new and exciting online casinos to add to the below list, so be sure to check back in for regular updates.
In our Boku payments guide, you will find:
- Boku Pros and Cons
- Boku Deposits
- Boku Withdrawals
- Best Casinos that Accept Boku
- Boku Alternatives
- Boku FAQs
Players love Boku casinos for many reasons, but speed and convenience are the two main factors that make them so attractive in the UK. Boku is one of the most desired payment options in the country, but every rainbow has its rain.
Below we’ve listed the pros and cons of Boku and explained them in more detail to help you see a better picture of why playing at Boku casinos could be the right choice for you.
|PROS OF BOKU||CONS OF BOKU|
|Security||Low deposit limit|
|Instant deposits||Bonus exclusions|
|No registration required||Not all UK casinos accept Boku|
|Free to use||Fees involved|
|Convenience||Unsuitable for high-rollers|
Advantages of using Boku
- No registration required – Contrary to other e-money processing companies, you don’t need to register with Boku to utilise their services. All you need is a valid UK phone number and some funds in your account.
- Availability – Boku casino sites are readily available and very popular among UK players meaning that you can play your favourite games at these casinos instantly.
- Security – Without the need to register with Boku to use their services, you are not supplying the casinos with sensitive information such as your bank account or card details. Also, if your phone gets stolen, the low depositing limits will protect your funds.
- Instant deposits – Payments made via Boku are instant at most UK casinos and should reach your player account within moments.
- Free to use – Boku is completely free to use and does not charge fees for any financial transactions made via your mobile.
- Convenience – Funding your casino account on the go has never been easier. With Boku, you don’t need to log in to your payment provider’s dashboard on your desktop; you can do it from any location.
Disadvantages of using Boku
- Unavailable withdrawals – Due to the nature of mobile payments, you cannot use Boku for withdrawals.
- Low deposit limits – Currently, you can only deposit up to £10 at a Boku casino to a max of £30 per day.
- Unsuitable for high-rollers – Because of the low depositing limits as per above, Boku payment is more suitable for casual players and less so for high-rollers.
- Bonus exclusions – At some casinos, you might be excluded from claiming casino bonuses when using Boku.
- Not accepted everywhere – While Boku casinos are quite popular, not all gaming sites in the UK support this pay by phone banking method.
- Fees involved – Overall, Boku casinos do not charge any fees, but it might cost you a handling fee at some online casinos so, be sure to check before depositing.
One of the best advantages of using Boku is that you don’t need to set up an account – no bank cards required! You only need a mobile phone with carrier billing services enabled for making payments using this mobile payment option.
Fortunately, most of the major mobile carriers in the UK, including EE, O2 and Vodafone, support Boku billing. The charge is deducted from your phone balance if you are using a pay as you go sim or added to your next bill if you are using a monthly contract. Beware that your transactions will be declined if you do not have sufficient funds on your prepaid sim card.
Paying by Boku at online casinos could not be easier. As we’ve already mentioned above, you don’t even need to register with Boku to enable mobile payments. It works directly via your mobile phone number.
When you deposit using this pay by mobile option, Boku will memorise your phone number; hence you only need to enter it on your first deposit. Then it will be even quicker to make any future payments.
The funds added to your casino bankroll via this payment method should appear in your account instantly. Depending on your mobile billing plan, the amount you’ve deposited will either be charged from your existing pay as you go balance or deducted from your next phone bill, as mentioned above.
Here are seven easy steps you can follow when funding your casino player account via Boku:
- Select a Boku casino from our list.
- Navigate to the Deposits section in your player account and select Boku or Pay by Mobile as your preferred payment method.
- At this stage, you’ll be redirected to Boku’s payment dashboard where you can confirm the deposit amount and enter your phone number.
- Wait for the authorisation code which will be sent to your phone via SMS.
- Reply to the message as instructed.
- Enter the authorisation code and check if the funds have appeared in your casino account.
- Go back to the games lobby and start playing your favourite games.
Boku and bonuses
The great news is that many of our recommended Boku casino sites offer bonuses to both new and existing players. These range from generous match deposit bonuses to other offers listed in the dedicated promotions section.
At some online casinos, to claim your bonuses you may need to enter bonus codes provided by the casino. These codes are usually clearly visible within the main bonus ad or can be found in the significant bonus terms and conditions. All you have to do is copy and paste these codes into appropriate fields when claiming your bonuses.
While checking the terms and conditions for any bonus codes, also be sure to check other terms attached to the bonuses such as wagering requirements. There’s also a chance that a particular casino may, unfortunately, exclude you from claiming bonuses when using Boku deposits. Always read the small print to know your options.
Fees when using Boku for deposits
There are no fees involved when using mobile billing at our top-rated Boku casinos. However, some casinos may apply a handling fee so be sure to check the payments page or the casino’s terms and conditions to avoid any additional charges.
Also, before depositing via your mobile phone, you’ll want to check if you may incur any charges from your mobile carrier and choose an alternative payment method instead.
Minimum deposits with Boku
The minimum deposits using Boku range from casino to casino but you can only deposit up to £10 per transaction with a max limit of £30 per day. While this amount seems rather low, it offers a layer of security in case your phone gets stolen.
The best way to check the minimum deposit limits is to go to the casino’s payments page. If there’s no dedicated banking page available, check the terms and conditions page or their FAQs section. If unsure, get in touch with the customer support team.
How fast are Boku deposits?
One of the reasons why Boku casinos are so popular among UK players is because they offer instant deposits. The funds added to your casino account via your mobile phone should be visible within seconds, but it can vary from casino to casino.
If your funds didn’t reach your account within the stated depositing time, you should get in touch with the casino’s customer support team for further assistance.
Unfortunately, withdrawals using this method are currently unsupported by Boku casinos and you’ll have to arrange an alternative payment method to cash out your winnings.
How to withdraw your winnings after depositing with Boku
Due to withdrawals being unavailable, some of the best alternatives that can offer speedy 24-hour withdrawals are e-wallets such as Skrill, Neteller or PayPal. However, you’ll have to link your bank account to these providers when setting up an account.
If time isn’t an issue for you, then you can also use bank cards such as Visa or Mastercard to withdraw your funds. This should take around 2-3 days at most online casinos. But remember that following the UKGC restrictions, you are no longer permitted to fund any of the e-wallets or use credit cards at any UK online casinos as of April 2020.
There’s no secret in choosing the best online casinos that accept Boku; it’s all hard work, comparison and dedication. That’s why we have a devoted casino team whose primary focus is finding and comparing UK online casinos and publishing the results here for you. Follow our criteria below, and you’ll find the best online casinos with Boku in no time:
- Licence and security – Avoid rogue online casinos and look for legitimate casino sites. – All our casinos use state-of-the-art encryption and are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. This means that your funds and personal information are protected by UK gambling law.
- Instant Deposits – The ability to deposit instantly is one of the strongest aspects of any Boku casino. Most of our online casinos that accept Boku offer immediate mobile payments via this banking option, and we’ll be yelling our lungs out if they don’t.
- Bonuses and promotions – Before joining a Boku casino, check their bonuses offering first. You want to test the site and play some games for free before you wager your own money. Most of our highly recommended online casinos offer exciting welcome deals for new players and regular promotions for returning punters. We also highly rate those casinos that reward players via their VIP perks and other loyalty schemes.
- Games selection – While sites with hundreds of fun and engaging slots from the leading game studios are a great choice, you also want to see a good variety in their games libraries. Alongside the most popular video slot and jackpot titles, look for table games and live casino options. Even a small collection of high-quality blackjack, roulette and poker games can have a positive impact on your gambling experience.
- Low wagering requirements – No player likes high wagering requirements nor does our expert casino team. We’ll always tell you if these are too high. Now, high wagering requirements don’t always define a Boku casino so use your judgement. You can always forfeit the bonuses if the wagering is way above your limit.
- Customer support – Ideally, you want to choose a Boku casino that has a friendly and knowledgeable customer support team accessible via live chat, phone and email. Our best-rated online casinos that accept Boku will have a 24/7 live chat option or at least phone and email if the former is unavailable.
- No hidden fees – The best online casinos will not charge you any fees for using Boku as your payment method or they will be transparent about the fees that you may incur.
Being the leader in enabling players to fund their casino accounts via mobile billing, Boku makes an excellent payment solution for making deposits at most UK casinos. However, the low limits and lack of cash out support may push players to look for more convenient payment methods that can offer both deposits and withdrawals.
In case you are looking for a good Boku alternative, one of these three e-wallets could be a viable option for you:
- Skrill – A global e-wallet service for fast and secure financial transactions at online casinos.
- Neteller – An e-money transfer service that allows both fast and secure deposits and withdrawals.
- PayPal – One of the world’s most popular and convenient payment providers that offer safe and ultra-secure financial transactions.
If you enjoy casino games on the go, there is no better way to have quick and easy access to all your favourite titles than using a Boku deposit. The low depositing limit can feel like a downside but it’s an important security measure set by the provider making Boku not only fast but also a secure banking option.
To learn more about Boku and find out what are the most commonly asked questions by casino players, read our FAQs section below:
Do I need to set up a Boku account before using a Boku casino?
No, you don’t need to set up a Boku account. All you need to play at a Boku casino is an active mobile phone with either a monthly contract or a prepaid sim card.
How do I know if I’m playing at a legit online Boku casino?
All our recommended online casinos are licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. Rest assured that any Boku casino on our list is safe and secure.
Can I withdraw using Boku?
No, due to the nature of mobile billing, you can’t withdraw your winnings using Boku. For that, you’ll need to set up different payment methods such as e-wallets or bank cards.
Are there any fees to pay for using a Boku casino?
Boku is free to use but, depending on the casino, you may incur additional charges and handling fees, so be sure to check the small print.
Do all casinos take Boku?
Being a trusted payment method, Boku casinos are on the rise in the UK, allowing you to discover them with minimal effort. However, not all UK online casinos offer this e-money issuer as a payment option just yet.