What does John have to say?
- Money Collect feature
- Free spins
- Maximum win of 10,500x
- No jackpot
John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen review
If you’ve been following the John Hunter saga thus far, you’ll know this Pragmatic Play character has had plenty of winning adventures. His first slot, Da Vinci’s Treasure, made waves with its 48,000x maximum win – however, this was hard to achieve and left many players wanting more. in The Tomb of the Scarab Queen, a medium level of variance allows for more wins and more opportunities to win.
- Release date: 26 September 2019
- Game: John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen
- Game info: Five reels, three rows, 25 paylines
- Bet levels: £0.25-£125
- Maximum win: 10,500x
- Special features: Money Collect feature, free spins, wilds
- Jackpot: No
- Return to player: 96.5%
- Volatility: Medium
John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen bonus features
The most unique feature in this fast-paced slot is the Money Collect feature, which can work in various ways. We’ll go into this in more detail soon, but it’s definitely worth keeping your eyes peeled for the Collect symbols. Free spins and wilds can also be quite lucrative, so there’s much going on in this thrilling new slot.
Three or more scatters trigger the free spins round, where you’ll get eight extra chances to spin the reels for a prize. During this feature, you may also see Collect symbols appear on the reels, which will help fill up your pot. Once the free spins round has come to an end, if you’ve got symbols in your pot, you can retrigger the feature to go again.
The Money Collect feature is a little bit involved so it may take a few rounds before you truly get your head around it. During the base game, five different types of Collect symbols can appear. If you see one along with a golden scarab symbol on reels one to four, you’ll receive the respective Collect bonus:
- Collect: all Money symbols will be added together to pay out a prize
- Extra Credit Collect: The value of this symbol will be added to all Money symbols to award a prize
- Multiplier Collect: The value of all Money symbols will be added together and multiplied by this symbol
- Expanding Collect: Any Money symbols will expand to cover the entire reel, before adding together to pay out a prize
- Respin Collect: All Money symbols on the screen will lock in place while the reels spin for a new chance to win
The female pharaoh is wild in this slot, and she’ll turn substitute for other symbols to help complete your paylines.
John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen jackpot
John Hunter may not be chasing a jackpot in this slot, but with maximum wins of up to 10,500x up for grabs, he’s certainly got a winning adventure ahead.
RTP and volatility
The Tomb of the Scarab Queen has a medium variance and return to player of 96.5%, allowing players to play for more frequent wins and a mix of high and low prizes.
John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen on mobile
All good adventures begin outside of the house, hence Pragmatic Play has made this slot easily available on mobile.