What does John have to say?
- Base game reel modifiers.
- Three jackpot prizes.
- Hold & Win re-spins with gameplay modifiers.
- Fantastic visual presentation.
- RTP is relatively low for a slot like this.
Gold Digger Megaways Slot Review
iSoftBet have brought their 2020 hit back with Gold Digger Megaways. Sure, we’ve seen our fair share of mining themed slots but Gus and Boomer’s adventure manages to stand out from the rest of the crowd. This new version comes with updated functions and features, promising to be a fresh, new video slot experience. Read our in-depth review below to find out more.
|SLOT FEATURES||Wild symbols, Scatter symbols, Cascading Wins, Reel Modifiers, Hold & Spin Re-spins, Bonus Buy|
|SLOT TYPE||Video Slot|
|REELS, ROWS, PAYLINES||6 reels, 2-7 rows, 324 – 117,649 paylines|
|RETURN TO PLAYER||95.97%|
Gold Digger Megaways Bonus Features
The original Gold Digger was filled with all sorts of video slot features. The Megaways remake takes things further, adding even more mechanics to enjoy. The result is an experience that is brimming with activity. The base game gives you loads of reel modifiers to keep you on your toes, while the Hold & Win re-spins also bring its fair share of excitement.
Wild symbols in Gold Digger Megaways perform their base task of stepping in for any missing pay symbols in a winning combination. In this case, they only show up on the very top tracker reel row.
Represented by a Golden Nugget, five of these symbols unlock the Gold Hold & Win Re-spins.
The base game offers several fascinating reel modifiers that can randomly activate on every spin.
- Max Megaways – All reels are filled with symbols, unlocking the maximum number of Megaways.
- Mystery Blast – A set of Mystery TNT boxes land. Gus explodes the boxes, revealing identical symbols from each box.
- Boomer Bonus Blast – Gus’ trusty dog Boomer discovers a golden nugget. This will always trigger the Gold Hold & Win Re-spins bonus.
- Boomer Lost to Win – Boomer turns the tide, changing a losing spin into a win. Otherwise, he triggers a bonus.
The slot’s most exciting feature, the Gold Hold & Win clears all reels and replaces them with a set that only features golden nuggets or reel booster symbols. Three re-spins are awarded at the beginning of the bonus, and these are reset whenever a new symbol lands on the reels. Once the re-spins run out, the bonus ends, and all wins are paid. Gold nuggets carry a value between x1 and x20. They can also award one of the three available jackpot prizes. On the other hand, reel booster symbols trigger one of the following:
- Blue Gems – Adds one space to their respective reel until they reach the top of the mine.
- Green Gems – Increases all nugget multipliers to the next possible value.
- Red Gems – Awards one more re-spin when the counter finally runs out.
- Purple Gems – Increases the win multiplier by 1. All win multipliers are applied to the final win amount.
Players can jump straight into Gold Hold & Win Re-spins by paying 75x their current bet.
Gold Digger Megaways Jackpot
There are no less than three jackpot prizes to be won in Gold Digger Megaways. These are the Mini, Major, and Mega prizes offering a 25x, 50x and 100x win respectively. These prizes can be won by landing a golden nugget that carries their respective symbol.
RTP & Volatility
Gold Digger comes with a medium level of volatility. This means that players will have a balanced time between fruitless spins and rewarding rounds. Elsewhere, RTP falls slightly short of the desired value. It sits at 95.97%, just shy of a preferred 96%. That being said, the value can be increased when activating the Bonus Buy feature, taking it up to a more respectable 96.86%.
Where to Play Gold Digger Megaways
If you’re sold on Gold Digger Megways, we recommend playing it over at Videoslots.
Gold Digger Megaways on Mobile
Gold Digger Megaways has been designed with mobile gaming in mind. The slot runs seamlessly on iOS and Android devices.