As an integral part of the well-established Mastercard brand, Maestro is a trusted payment method at online casinos worldwide. It’s an online, PIN-based debit card that you can use to make purchases and get cash at ATMs on a global scale. Formerly known as Switch, this debit card offers immediate deposits and security to all casino players looking for low-maintenance payments at a UK online casino.
In this complete Maestro casino guide, we’ll walk you through the steps of making a deposit and withdrawal using Maestro as a payment method. We’ll also depict the advantages and disadvantages and tell you how to choose the best online casinos that accept Maestro.
Find a Maestro Online Casino Maestro at JohnSlots!
Our main ambition is to find you the best UK online casinos where you can play for real money using Maestro payments. See below for our top recommendations:
When our expert casino team is at work, nothing slips through the cracks. Our casino rating criteria is strict but fair, and it gives each casino an even chance at proving their worth.
We push all the buttons to ensure that the sites you are going to join are worth their salt. Here are just some of the criteria points we use to evaluate online casinos that accept Maestro:
- Licence – At JohnSlots, we only review and recommend online casinos that comply with the UK Gambling Commission rules and regulations, no exceptions. There’s nothing more important than your safety.
- Games Lobby – Games are the backbone of any online casino, and we aim to ensure that our top listed Maestro casinos can bring you some rewarding entertainment. We pursue casino sites with a healthy mix of slot machines, poker, table games and live dealer tables.
- Bonuses – As a rule of thumb, all our Maestro casinos ought to offer some sort of bonus to their new players and regular promotions to existing customers. To ensure you are properly compensated for your time and money, we only hunt for the best bonus deals.
- Convenient Banking – We can’t guarantee that every Maestro casino will allow withdrawals, but we aim to promote casino sites where you can add funds instantly using Maestro.
- Customer Support – Behind every successful casino brand there’s a dedicated, friendly and professional customer support team ready to help you out 24/7 via live chat, phone or email. We bug them with constant questions, testing their character, patience, and knowledge to ensure that you’ll receive the best support when needed.
In our Maestro payments guide, you will find:
- Maestro Pros and Cons
- Maestro Deposits
- Maestro Withdrawals
- Best Casinos that Accept Maestro
- Maestro Alternatives
- Maestro FAQs
If you’re after reliable, low-cost and easy-going payment methods, Maestro could be a good option for you. It’s easy to set up and offers a simple and straightforward casino funding experience. As a debit card, Maestro doesn’t come with an overdraft, a security layer that assures responsible gambling. It’s also widely accepted at many renowned UK online casinos as a trusted card payment service.
However, alongside the advantages of using Maestro as a payment method, we’re keen to explore the disadvantages too. We want you to have a fair shot at making an informed decision of whether this is the right payment solution for you.
|PROS OF MAESTRO||CONS OF MAESTRO|
|Convenience||Lengthy application process|
|Instant deposits||Extra fees|
|Universally accepted||Exclusion from bonuses|
|Easy withdrawals||Slow withdrawals|
|Recognised brand||Withdrawal limits|
Advantages of using Maestro
- Convenience – Most likely, you already have a bank account, therefore, obtaining a Maestro debit card won’t be an issue.
- Security – As a Mastercard brand, Maestro card offers the same bank-level security to all players using this payment method at online casinos.
- Instant deposits – Funding your account with Maestro is quick and easy. Most UK online casinos offer instant deposits using this payment method.
- Universally accepted – Maestro is universally accepted at the best online casinos in the UK and the rest of the world.
- Easy withdrawals – When available, withdrawals to your Maestro card are easy and in most cases, free of charge.
- Recognised brand – As part of Mastercard, the leader in global payments, Maestro is trusted by millions of players worldwide.
Disadvantages of using Maestro
- Lengthy application process – Pending successful application, it can take 7-10 business days to receive your Maestro card.
- Limited withdrawals – While Maestro is widely available for making deposits at online casinos, it might not always be available for withdrawals.
- Extra fees – Some online casinos may charge you a fee for depositing/withdrawing via Maestro. Also, additional fees may be applied by your card issuer.
- Exclusion from bonuses – Depending on the casino, you might be excluded from claiming bonuses when using Maestro for deposits. Always read the bonus terms to stay in the know.
- Slow withdrawals -Depending on the casino, funds can take from 2-5 days or longer to reach your bank account due to strict verification checks in place making withdrawals to your card slower than e-wallets.
- Withdrawal limits – There might be a daily, weekly or monthly time limit imposed during which you are allowed to withdraw your winnings. Any withdrawals outside the specified period my incur additional charges.
It only takes a few quick steps to get started at an online casino using Maestro as your chosen payment method. But before you start, there are a few things you need to know:
- If this is your first time depositing at a Maestro casino, go to our top list and choose your favourite casino that supports Maestro payments. You’ll then need to create a new player account with the casino and have your card registered by entering the relevant information required by the casino. There will be a 3D security check before you can deposit so have your passwords handy. Once your card is registered, your details will be saved within your player account, and any future payments will be much faster to make.
Now that you’re all set, follow the below steps to deposit and you’ll enjoy your favourite casino games in next to no time:
- Log in to your selected casino, go to the cashier/banking page and click on the deposits tab.
- Select Maestro as a payment method.
- Select/enter the amount you would like to deposit – note the minimum depositing amount.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for making Maestro payments.
- Double-check that all the details you’ve entered are correct and confirm your payment.
- Check if the funds have reached your casino account.
- Don’t see the funds in your account? Get in touch with the customer support team for further assistance.
Maestro and bonuses
One of the best perks of playing at Maestro casinos is the bonuses available to new and existing players alike. These can include bonus cash, free spins or bonus spins obtainable via the welcome offer and regular promotions.
Most UK online casinos allow players to secure rewards when using this card for payments. Be sure to check the bonus terms carefully, just in case. Also, while most casino sites add bonuses automatically to your account as soon as you make your first deposit, others may require a special code. By using the bonus codes included, you’ll trigger the promotion. Following the strict UKGC regulations, bonus codes should either be included and clearly visible within the initial promotion or given in the bonus terms.
Fees when using Maestro for deposits
To avoid any misunderstandings and extra charges, navigate to the casino’s banking page first and check if there are any fees involved when depositing with Maestro. Generally, online casinos do not charge any extra fees, but there is no one rule for all casinos, so each will have their own terms attached to each payment.
Once you checked the rules of the casino, you should also note whether or not your bank charges any fees for online transactions and look for a better provider if they do.
Minimum deposits with Maestro
Minimum deposits can vary broadly from casino to casino, but the usual lowest amount fluctuates between £5 – £20 per transaction. Again, it’s best if you check the minimum depositing amount required by the casino beforehand.
Being determined by each casino, this essential financial information will be noted in their dedicated banking page. If such a page doesn’t exist, head to the terms and conditions or the FAQs page. Ultimately, get in touch with the customer support team, and they’ll be able to help you instantly with this matter.
How fast are Maestro deposits?
There are many advantages to using Maestro at online casinos, but one of the most revered benefits is fast deposits. Although it can still vary from casino to casino, due to high competitive intensity, most UK online casinos offer instant Maestro deposits. As long as you have enough funds available on your card, your deposit should reach your casino account within seconds.
Beware that glitches can happen even to the best of online casinos, so don’t panic if your funds haven’t arrived within the time frame stated. First, double-check if the information provided by you is 100% correct. If everything’s in order, seek assistance by contacting the customer support team. They are professionally trained to deal with tricky issues and will be able to find an effective solution to your query.
When available, withdrawing your winnings at Maestro casinos is really simple. But before you use Maestro to fund your casino account, you should check if you can actually withdraw using the same payment method. Not all online casinos facilitate this option, and you’ll need to look for an alternative to cash out your proceeds. But at those casinos that allow Maestro withdrawals, here’s how it’s done:
- Log in to your casino account using your usual details.
- Head to the casino’s withdrawal page.
- In the space provided, enter the amount you wish to withdraw from your casino account. Mind the min/max withdrawal amount set by the casino.
- Select Maestro as your preferred withdrawal option.
- Hit ‘Submit Withdrawal Request’ button (this may vary from casino to casino).
- Check if the funds requested have reached your bank account within the time-frame indicated by the casino. If they haven’t, get in touch with the customer support team.
Can I AlwaysWithdraw My Winnings with Maestro?
Maestro is a popular payment form readily available at the majority of UK online casinos, but it might not be possible to withdraw cash using Maestro at some casino sites. If this is the case, you’ll need to look for other alternatives which we’ll cover further down this guide. As per usual, always check the small print before funding your casino account to avoid the hassle of having to register multiple payment methods with a single casino.
Fees when using Maestro for withdrawals
Similar to deposits, the best UK online casinos do not charge any additional fees for withdrawals to your Maestro card. But, don’t go depositing/withdrawing blindly without checking the details first. Some casinos may apply a charge to your financial transactions.
Minimum withdrawals with Maestro
Each casino will have different withdrawal limits outlined for players. In most cases, the minimum withdrawals using Maestro range from £5 – £20 but the amount can vary greatly. You should always check the specifications of the payment methods you are using.
While checking the essential information, also look into limits on the number of withdrawals you’re allowed to make within a specific time. You may be charged for making additional transactions within the indicated period.
How fast are Maestro withdrawals?
Withdrawals to your Maestro card could take longer due to verification routines involved in the process. Depending on the casino, it can take 2 to 5 days or longer for your winnings to appear in your bank account. And although seen as a con, the extensive checks ensure safe and secure transactions this way protecting your funds from potential theft.
The simple answer could be to go with your gut, but we recommend getting deeper under the casino’s skin to choose a site that doesn’t just look good from the outside. Not all casinos do, therefore we share our top tips on how to spot some of the best online casinos with Maestro without falling for the charms of an unworthy site:
- Safety first – As soon as you load up a new casino site, scroll down to the bottom and look for the licence badge. JohnSlots is home to online casinos that are fully licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), and that’s what you should be looking for too.
- Generous bonuses – Our expert casino team loves a good bonus hunt and will scout for sites that come with the best bonuses available to claim with Maestro deposits. When chasing bonuses, keep in mind that some of the best deals for slots fans are free spins no deposit bonuses or spins free of any wagering requirements. Table games fans benefit most from generous cash bonuses.
- Reasonable wagering requirements – As generous as new player bonuses may seem, check the wagering requirements in the bonus terms. You’ll be hard pushed to find an online casino with requirements as low as 10x. Just remember that anything above 45x is considered pretty high.
- Instant deposits – The whole point of playing at an online casino is that you can pick your favourite site and play right away. Only the best online casinos will offer quick as a flash deposits.
- No hidden fees – One of the worst things that can happen at an online casino is being hit with some irksome hidden fees when trying to deposit or withdraw your funds. Therefore we always check the small print for any sneaky charges and call them out loud and clear in our in-depth casino reviews.
In the case when Maestro deposits/withdrawals are unavailable, it’s always good to know your alternatives. Luckily there are plenty of other payment methods that you can use at online casinos that are just as safe and secure as Maestro:
- Visa – A safe and secure bank card alternative accepted at almost all UK online casinos.
- PayPal – An electronic alternative to traditional payment methods approved at many UK online casinos.
- Neteller – Fast and secure payment system and a great alternative to bank cards.
- Skrill – Low-cost global money transfer system available at many UK online casinos.
- Trustly – Simple payments enabled without the need to use your bank card details.
With all that we’ve just covered, it’s pretty clear that Maestro is a competitive solution to use as a payment method at online casinos. It features some attractive qualities such as instant fee-free deposits, ease of use and a stamp of approval from many casino players. There are some downsides too, but now that you know both the pros and cons of Maestro, you can decide for yourself whether you want to pay with your Maestro card at online casinos or not.
We figured you might still have some pressing questions about Maestro casinos, so we’ve answered some of them below:
Do I need to set up a Maestro account before using a Maestro casino?
Yes, a Maestro debit card is connected to your current account and, therefore, you’ll need to set up a Maestro account before you can use it to make a deposit. It will be much easier for players who already have a Maestro card issued by their bank. Otherwise, you might be able to request one.
How do I know if I’m playing at a legit Maestro online casino?
All legitimate Maestro casinos are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, responsible for supervising gaming law in Great Britain. Use our up to date top casino list and you’ll never have to worry about falling into the trap of a corrupt online casino.
Is there a Maestro casino bonus?
Yes, you can claim all the same bonuses using Maestro as you would depositing with other approved payment methods. These will usually include a deposit bonus which you can claim when you fund your casino account for the first time. Most UK casinos don’t exclude Maestro deposits from bonus offers.
Are there any fees to pay for using a Maestro casino?
Typically, there aren’t any fees involved when playing at Maestro casinos, but some sites or debit card issuers might apply additional charges. We recommend checking the terms of both the casino and your bank to make sure that you know of any extra fees included.
Do all casinos take Maestro?
Maestro is a widely accepted banking solution at UK online casinos, but not all of the sites offer this option. If Maestro is unavailable, you can look for other convenient alternatives such as Visa debit card, PayPal or other e-wallets suitable for your playing style.
Payment Method's Website